Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

A Bar Above the Rest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

A Bar Above the Rest Empty
PostSubject: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:22 pm

Just as Alistair had predicted, Luke had found himself a little bar in the corner of the street. Sadly it was in the fourth story of the building it was in and didn't seam to attract much of the rougher business over the pool sharks and casual gamblers. Despite his despite for female company, Luke had instead resigned himself to a spot on the bar and chose to nurse his drink with a contemplative frown. The bartender was wise enough to leave the melancholy man to his own devices, quietly waiting for him to ask for more to drink.
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Alistair found his way in eventually after asking around. "There you are, Luke." He sat next to his brother at the bar. "We;ve got it all taken care of."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Garrett moved to sit at Alistair's other side and glanced around the bar, though wasn't entire sure what it was he was looking for.

Luke looked up from his drink, only vaguely aware Alistair was there. Absently, he said, "Oh, yeah, right. That's good. Nice suit by the way."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Alistair frowned slightly, though tried to hide it. Something was wrong, but he hadn't the foggiest idea what it was. "You seem a bit brought down all of a sudden..."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:22 pm

"Mmm? Oh, just not all that fond of the rain. Does it ever stop?" Luke grumbled into his drink. Well, less the rain and more the constant lightning. He had almost drown it out with other matters, though his solute left him with nothing else better to do than listen to the rain. And thunder. And vague memories of screams and flames.

"Afraid not," Garrett responded from his side of the bar.

"Fantastic," Luke grumbled in response. "Well, glad you got your, er, business taken care of. Now you can go get those suits commissioned."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:32 pm

"Not until tomorrow," Alistair answered, "but I have a few to sustain me now. And some things I can fob off. From here on in it's back to the high life."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:35 pm

"The high life actually involves 'aving a 'ome," Luke replied. A home on the ground preferably.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:13 pm

"And that may only be a few months away, if things go well," Alistair answered. "For now, however, we leave the city and start fresh somewhere else."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Luke glanced out the window again. "As soon as the storm clears."

"Which will be in a few months," Garrett responded casually, reaching into his pocket to retrieve his lighter and his carton of cigarettes.

Luke glanced back at Garrett, a small growl of dislike on his lips. "Can't be that long."

"We've had one day of sunshine since I got here a month ago," Garrett responded. "It might be a while."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:17 pm

"If we can find a day that's clear enough to fly out, we'll take it." So the storm still bothered Luke. Alistair wondered if he would ever be able to handle a storm again after what had happened. "So don't worry, alright?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:34 pm

"Yeah, just got to stuck around and... keep relaxed until we get the chance to leave," Luke replied with a glance at Garrett. He didn't trust him as far as he could throw him. Which was probably pretty far, but the sentiment remained the same. And knowledge that there was someone after Alistair was pretty vital knowledge to keep from someone who was willing to exploit people.

Garrett himself puffed on his smoke, meeting the gaze with a confused look of innocence.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 pm

"Now come on," Alistair muttered. "Let's get another umbrella or two then get out of the rain, ok? I hear there's a fair in town. You might want to go."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Luke stood and tried to shake the buzz out of his with only mild success in messing up his hair a bit more. "It's a faire. All they're going to 'ave is pies, games and vegetables. Maybe a few venders 'ere and there."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:59 pm

"Yes, and it may serve to keep your mind off of things," Alistair answered.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 2:07 pm

"Maybe," Luke said. He then moved down to head for the door. "Any idea where it'd be?"

"Should be near the valley last I checked," Garrett responded with his teeth clenched around the butt of his smoke, standing up himself.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:58 pm

"Good," Alistair answered with a smile, grabbing the umbrella. "Let's go."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Bar Above the Rest   A Bar Above the Rest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bar Above the Rest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hydraulic Icarus :: Role Playing :: Electric City-
Jump to: