Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

Introducing the Menagerie

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BarrowLord

Characters : Toryc, Erik and Sarah

Introducing the Menagerie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Menagerie   Introducing the Menagerie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:47 pm

The creature laughs with Anas voice, "Such a pointless question, and so crassly asked. I am a Psyche, one of the races in Subjugation to the Nokklug expanse. Now that that answer has settled none of your questions, why dont you have a seat?" It gestures at a small stool by a table with 3 pitchers on it. "Have a drink, steady your nerves, gather your thoughts, and ask a question that will teach you. I heard your conversation with by the Golluk, you are sweet and naive, I would be glad to be the same to you."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Menagerie   Introducing the Menagerie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:54 pm

The young captain took a breath and tried to calm her nerves. Trying to put on a brave face, she approached the creature and the table with shaking hands. Quietly she had, keeping her hands on the table top face down. "Y... You already know my name, and more about how we name people. Mind if I ask yours?"

Last edited by Evil Minion #2 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Menagerie   Introducing the Menagerie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:52 am

The things mandibles clicked in rapid staccato, "We don't really bother with names, young captain. If its important to you, Id be glad to receive one from you."

Last edited by Evil Minion #2 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Menagerie   Introducing the Menagerie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:58 am

Ana thought as best as she could, trying to think of a suitable name for something so strange. Finally, she meekly asked, "'Ow does "Carl" sound?"
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

Characters : Toryc, Erik and Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Menagerie   Introducing the Menagerie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 am

'Carl' tilts its head slightly, mandibles clackling slightly, "Carl" it says, still with Anas voice, "Hmm, Isnt that a male name though?" Carl takes a deep breath, then lets a sound like a trumpet doing bars, then it speaks using Perrys voice, "Very well, Carl it is, I suppose that makes me male as well. Acceptable. Youve now invented two facts about me, but still have yet to learn anything. The jugs have tea, milk, and a homeland liquor, from left to right incedentally."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Menagerie   Introducing the Menagerie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Juliana folded in her hands and glanced to the jugs for a brief moment. She bit her lip while she wondered if the stuff was what the psyche said it was, or some alien substance she was going to choke on. Finally she shook her head and held up a hand, saying, "No thanks. Um, I guess I should know about this subjugation business."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Menagerie   Introducing the Menagerie - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Carl let loose a soft chuckle, "Its not what you think, Ana. Er, do you mind me calling you Ana? In any case, Toryc is just... rough... with your language. It would be better defined with terms from your feudal system of government, than the slavery you associate it with. The Psyches, Golluks, and other races in the expanse answer to the Nokklugs, but out of contract and duty, not fear of the whip."

Carl shakes its head, "No, the Subjugation isnt forced servitude, its a system of compensation and protection. The Golluks are savage and brutal, but stupid. The Psyches are timid and frail, but brilliant. Under the guidance of the Nokklugs, the strengths of the Golluks and the Psyches are combined to form a whole, greater than the sum of its parts. We follow the guidance of the Nokklugs, because they strengthen us, and have done so for centuries, we obey out of gratitude, out of what you might call 'love' even."

Carl starts as if he just noticed something, then laughs, "Captian, in honor of the name you have given, and the kindness youve displayed, I swear you will be safe consuming anything but the third jug. I cant vouch for that one, as Ive yet to see a human drink it, though Nick and Rick used it to cauterize a wound once."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Menagerie   Introducing the Menagerie - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing the Menagerie
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hydraulic Icarus :: Role Playing :: Electric City-
Jump to: