Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

Meanwhile on the street...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

Meanwhile on the street... Empty
PostSubject: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Lucas Fairchild headed his way down the street, his new suit drenched from the rainfall. What had once been a storm had turned into another drizzle, though the puddles it left behind had entire halfs of the road converted into temporary streams. His hair hung limply in his face, covering his eyes with his slouched walk.
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
BarrowLord

Characters : Toryc, Erik and Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Erik and Sarah walk along behind him. Erik is in a foul mood, as hes soaking wet and still missing both his dinner and his booze. Sarah, for her part, is wondering what sort of man this Alistair is, and, more importantly, why Erik was so scared when Alistair mentioned 'lords'. Erik, to her knowledge, stuck in mid to low class places, she couldnt imagine him ever getting close enough to the 'high brows' to cause offense, so what was all that about? Knowing he wouldnt answer if she asked, the little girl contented herself with having a grand old time with the rain puddles on the way.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

Nicknames : Public Enemy #1
Characters : Dmitri Kuznetsov, Ivanna Utkin

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Dmitri walked in the opposite direction as Luke and the others, and met up with them not long after. He was keeping most of his attention on the ground, taking care not to step into any puddles, though he did make sure to keep from bumping into anyone in front of him. Looking up at the people coming closer to him, he lifted his umbrella slightly to see just who he was passing. He saw Luke, the man he recognized from the alley, and a little girl. "You've looked better," He told the elder Fairchild, in an attempt at a casual conversation.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Luke offered a small wave to Dmitri, though he wasn't entirely sure he was going to notice the gesture from under his umbrella. He couldn't help but offer a slightly suspicious look to Ivanna. He knew her well enough to know she was not going to try to possess him, though the reptilian part of his brain currently registered every ghost as a potential attacker. "Been a bit of an eventful day, though starting to get used to 'em. Had a ghost attack earlier."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:10 am

Dmitri returned the gesture, though he had only been able to see Luke raise and lower his arm. When Luke said that he'd been attacked, Dmitri asked, "Are you all right?" He seemed okay, if a little worn. When Dmitri learned that Luke could commune with ghosts, he never really thought anything of it, other than happiness that thanks to Luke, he and Ivanna could talk again, but he never thought it would be dangerous. Well, he knew ghosts could be dangerous, but he didn't think they would harm someone who could potentially sympathize, even help them.

~~~

Ivanna listened to Luke's response with a worried look on her face. She stepped closer to see if he was okay, but stopped, suddenly thinking that maybe a ghost was the last person he wanted to see. Instead, she absent mindedly held on to Dmitri's arm, stopping by his side. She still looked at Luke, though, asking, "Is there anything we can do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:43 am

Sarah stood by looking curiously at the ghost following the stranger, Erik just stood, jaw slack. On one hand, he didnt doubt that the dead man had little connection to the Lords, on the other, VAMPIRE this close to Sarah. What to do, what to do?
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:59 am

"Doing be'er now, though if you see Lord Fairfax's ghost, please rip the pompous cock a new one," Luke responded and thrusted his hands back into his pockets. He looked mostly to Dmitri though let his eyes drift to Ivanna for a brief moment when mentioning the deceased lord.

With that he turned to Sarah and Erik. "This is Dmitri, 'e's a friend. Dmitri, you're free to join us for a drink when I find my bro'er again."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:27 am

Erik finally finds his voice, "A drink lad? Are ye tryin tae be funny noo, or es this 'friend' a yers a good loier?"

Sarah, deciding not to bother with getting in Eriks way a second time just yet, walks around behind the stranger, looks up at the vaporous girl, and says "Es thar anyboody aloive an this oilend? Wotre ye 'ere for then, pretty lady?"
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Dmitri thought a little bit before accepting Luke's offer. He decided to take him up on his offer, saying, "Sounds good." He glanced at Erik when the man spoke. "And just what would I be lying about?" Dmitri couldn't believe that he crossed paths with this man again. It was all Dmitri could do to bite back his tongue against his own comments.

~~

Ivanna looked at the little girl, a little surprised. "You can see me?" She smiled apologetically, saying, "And I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your question..."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Erik give the man a raised eyebrow look "Ye clearly know the laddybuck 'ere, an' Ah'm incloined ta belive ye're naught Ah need tae worry aboot, but fer God's sake, wotcha think Ah'm askin, ye daft poirat?"

~~

Sarah heaves a small sigh "Ah've been puttin oop wit ghosts ahl day now, an' Ah've oonly been able ta 'elp one. Woi are ye still 'ere, stalking tha bandit, when ye aught be on tha odder soid a' tha river?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:22 am

Luke offered Sarah a glare from under his wet hair, a slight growl growing on his lips. Quietly, he asked her, "Can't you jus' leave the dead alone an' stop poking them like a kid poking an ant 'ill?"
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:47 am

Sarah gives the big man an exasperated sigh, "Ye really think this is tha way the dead should keep goin? She aught be in 'eaven, not faffin aboot down 'ere. Look at tha girl, she's been croien fer years, the dead aught be dreamen when thar done wit this wold, not wotchin there luvs suffer."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Dmitri glared at the man, not liking the way he spoke to him. He decided not to answer him, though, thinking that maybe if he didn't respond, the man wouldn't keep talking to him. He instead listened in on the conversation between Luke and the little girl. It sounded like she was saying that Ivanna was suffering, and he didn't like the sound of that. He would ask her later, and try to convince her to let go of her tie to him, keeping her here.

~~

"I'm not all that sad. I get to see Dmitri again. I'm happy just being by his side." At this, she hugged his arm, laying her head against it. "And Mister Fairchild made it so that we can talk. I'm very happy." She smiled, continuing in a slightly sadder tone, "I only wish Dmitri could feel my presence as I feel his..."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Erik snorted at the parasites childish 'cold shoulder' tactic, and glared at Luke and Sarah, "Dammit, sae ye've go' a ghost luggen after ye as well? Ach, Ah was 'opin Ah could sto' seein ye after this, nope, she gonna wan tae put yer whisp in tha groun', Dammit."

--

Sarah rubs the bridge of her nose in irritation, "Silly girl, and stoopid pony. Ye're nae suppose ta let tha livin after the dead, ets cruel." She suddenly gets a terrified look on her face "...'Ow did 'e let ye talk tae tha man?" She asks in a quiet voice, already suspecting the answer.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Luke glared at Erik, his teeth gritting. "Jus' drop the ghost business. No one's 'urt by it, an' no one else is even bothered. Drawing too much attention to it's not going to be good in the long run. Could get you killed or attacked or worse."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Ivanna was about to answer Sarah when Luke spoke. Smiling uneasily, she told Sarah, "It's fine, really. Perhaps we should stop talking about it. If it makes you feel better, though," She looked at Dmitri, pausing slightly before she continued, "I can leave for a while?"

~~

"I don't suppose we could take this somewhere drier?" Not only did Luke seem to be about drenched, but Dmitri was tired of being out in this infernal rain. And Erik wasn't helping his already very sour mood. Neither, Dmitri realized, was the little girl talking about Ivanna.
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Sarah still looked miffed "Foin" she said, " but Erik'll 'ave me 'ide if Ah leave 'im again, bu' et impartent we get this squared fast."

--

Erik chortled, "We're off tae foind this free floaters bro'er" he said with a brittle smile, "Yer welcome tae duck in an arfnege tae droi off, boogeyman."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:52 pm

"You're fond of nicknames. Should prob'ly ask before giving them to someone," Luke replied and shoved his hands n his pockets again before he began to head back for the hotel.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Dmitri "hmph"ed at Erik, but otherwise said nothing still. He followed Luke, wondering how long he would have to put up with Erik's presence.

~~

Ivanna let go of Dmitri, beginning to walk back toward the ship. She turned around to ask Luke, "I know it doesn't matter, but when you get a chance, could you tell Dmitri that I'm waiting for him back at the ship?"

((I'm so sorry for the wait! I keep forgetting to check Icarus again.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meanwhile on the street...   Meanwhile on the street... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile on the street...
Page 1 of 1