Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

On the Street, near sundown

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Garrett rolled his eyes at the display of brotherly love. He might have been moved by it, if he didn't find such devotion both pointless and damning to one's survival. Weren't people in their profession supposed to try and minimize liability? "He's not going to die you nitwit. That'd be a waste of perfectly good blackmail material. And unless this Lord of yours is a complete screwball, I don't think anyone'd let that opportunity go to waste. So just relax, it'll play itself out."
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:30 pm

"I don't know... Inbreeding can have that effect," Alistair replied, trying to make light of the situation. He straightened his posture. "No matter. We'll go to a hotel, I'll get a change of clothes, and then we can find a proper laundry."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:00 pm

"Maybe pick up a few shots on the way. I hear this place has a good selection," Garrett replied, offering a smile, leading Alistair into an upper-lower class in to get themselves cleaned up ans prepared.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:01 am

"Sounds good," Alistair answered. "I could use a bit of whiskey right now."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:09 am

As the two headed down the street, a small pack of thuggish looking men paused when they saw them heading by. The leader of the bunch, a bald man with an eyepatch, stopped to glower at Alistair. "Oi! You! You're the one 'oo got the boss jailed!" He hollered, offering a threatening point in Alistair's direction.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Alistair sighed. "What else can go wrong today?" With a glance at Garrett he added, "I believe it's time to make a break for it. I retrieved my luggage and got a little revenge on some fellows that tried to kill me... but a few seem to have slipped the noose."

A wickedly brilliant idea came to mind at that moment, though, and he paused in his run. It wouldn't take much effort to distract the men. With gusto he gathered up his magic and sent a growing wave of water toward the man who had shouted and the others nearby, hoping to knock them from their feet.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Garrett moved to run as soon as the ruffians had shouted their challenge, slinging his umbrella over his shoulder and moving a hand to prevent himself from losing his hat. He glanced back as Alistair stopped his retreat, only to see a gush of water knock the head man back, as well as the man standing behind him and a few to his side. A new knot of ruffians now struggled to untangle themselves from each other's limbs, their surprised grumbles showing a hint of fear at the sudden burst of magic.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Alistair caught Garrett's eye then turned down a side street, trying to find a crowd to duck into so he could lose the fellows. He did not quite run, since that would attract attention to himself, but walked at a quick pace away from the scene.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:47 pm

Garrett on the other hand spared no expense in the department of running, cutting his way through the streets as he got ahead of Alistair. Once he was closer to the next street he slowed down into a brisker walking back, glancing over his should to make sure he didn't lose his teacher as he tried to slip into the crowd.

The brutes behind remained where they were, refusing to give chase now that they knew they were dealing with a magic user.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Alistair caught up with Garrett soon enough, casually falling in line with him and looking not the least bit ruffled or out of breath. "I might almost like this city," he commented. "The weather is bloody awful, but it leaves quite a bit of water laying around for me."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:32 pm

"It's not a bad place once you get used to getting soaked," Garrett responded, trying to catch his own breath. Much more quietly, he added in, "Much nicer on people if you get caught here than in Coxland, Central or Audum."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:39 pm

As the two headed down the street, Garrett took a turn and headed into a smaller hotel. With a quick glance around the homely place, he said, "Looks like a good spot to me."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:13 am

Alistair looked it over. "Well, it'll get us out of the weather at least. And I can change into my new suit."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:22 pm

"New suit can wait until tomorrow. Not much light left in the day to wear it in."

With that Garrett moved to the front desk to pay for a room with a casual ease, the sort of confident, comfortable walk that said he was a regular and let him more easily slip into the crowd. He was quick to order himself a room and get the keys, heading back for Alistair to hand him one of the keys. He was quick to remove a pack of cigarettes from his pocket with his lighter.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:05 am

"I'm not wearing mud to dinner," Alistair insisted as he took the key. "It won't do at all."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:08 am

On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 Reply
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:06 pm

On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 Alistairmud1done
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:27 am

On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 Reply2-1
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:01 am

On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 Hotelroom2
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:03 pm

On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 Reply3
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:37 pm

On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 HotelRoomAli
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:29 am

((Since I've got my plate full for the next few days, I'm going to reply with text for now and offer an image as soon as I can.))

A smug smirk creeped onto Garrett's face at the comment, his lips springing the split second comeback that filled his head. "The man part's debatable as well."

With a less snarky expression, he began to head closer to the bed and the single table resting next to it. He tapped some of the ash from his cigarette into the ashtray. "But that's not important. What is important is shaking the lord you got on your trail."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Alistair sighed as he buttoned up the new waistcoat. "Yes... It is. I think hanging back for a time would be best."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Garrett puffed on his cigarette while he sat at the table, letting the nicotine fill his lungs and soothe his nerves like an adult's pacifier. With another blow of smoke from his lips, he added in, "If he's got a grudge against you, best we lose him then wait for him to disappear."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:59 pm

"Well, we can't exactly leave the city with the constant storm."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Street, near sundown   On the Street, near sundown - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the Street, near sundown
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next