Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

An Evening Between Nobility

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:20 am

"I can only hope,"Lavinia answered, "but it is dangerous research."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:38 am

Indeed. What do you think about the people who say it does not exists at all?" Perry asked.
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:00 pm

"They are fools," Lavinia answered. "There is solid proof beyond the rumors."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:08 pm

"I don't believe I have heard much irrefutable proof. Perhaps you can offer some?" Perry said.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:22 pm

"I have seen documents, research notes with my own eyes. There is a collection of them at Shelby. Syme also was approached by men who claimed to be members. Who better to recruit than a brilliant magician who is the son of a former member?" Lavinia answered.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:33 am

"I still believe the entire concept is rather far fetched and would prefer to avoid such hogwash," Perry replied, trying to cover some nervousness. If Lavinia's implications were correct, there was a connection between the factory and his father's death, most likely involving this order. There was plenty of evidence that Lavinia was involved, but he had no conclusive proof in how. This was going to require more investigation.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:49 pm

"It is hardly hogwash," Lavinia answered. "In fact, the very day Syme perished in his unfortunate accident, I had gone to see him to ask him about the fact his father's name had appeared in some of the accounts. He did not know anything about it, but decided that Dr. Chiswick who had approached him the previous day might." She looked down, still rather bitter over losing her assignment in such a manner. "Unfortunately we were not two minutes into our conversation when that victrola fell through the roof."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:03 pm

"It still seams implausible, and not the wort of thing worth dedicating your time into looking into. Perhaps you should consider putting more effort into looking into other things, such as magic-technology hybriding. That does seam more useful," Perry replied, still trying to hide his worry at the subject and his uncertainty as to where Lavinia stood.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:49 pm

"You do not believe that someone previously mundane could gain a magical talent?" Lavinia's eyes bore into him, finding the answer to this question particularly interesting.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:56 pm

"I believe it is theoretically possible, though not with the technology and understanding of magic we possess at this moment," Perry replied, still avoiding eye contact.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:55 am

"And if it has been done?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:20 am

"Then I suppose whoever managed to complete the neat deserves some recognition in the more scholarly journals," Perry replied without missing a beat.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

"Unfortunately, one subject that subsequently was lost because of a certain revolution that upset the natural order of the world does not a valid article make. Further testing must be done to see if the success can be replicated."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:04 am

"That is fascinating," Perry replied. "Though a bit farfetched of a claim without proof."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:45 am

"Certainly," Lavinia answered, "but there is proof enough. It is just proof that is not yet available to the general public."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:13 pm

"Until I can see such proof with my eyes, I'm inclined not to believe it."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:07 am

Lavinia calmly finished her dinner. "Perhaps you will, given the right circumstances."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Perry set his silverware on his plate and politely set his napkin on the table. "There are many circumstances out there, Lavinia. It is rather difficult to narrow down which ones would be the right ones."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 am

"Perhaps so," answered Lavinia, "but I think a curious mind is the first step. An openness to try any path in the pursuit of knowledge."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:33 pm

"Some paths are best left barren," Perry responded, moving to stand up again. "If you'll excuse me, I believe I should be going. I believe Toryc was wanting to speak with me."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:39 am

Nick and Rick seem to materialize behind the two nobles, Nick holding Perry's coat, and Rick ready to pull Lady Cardhams chair for her. "Already saw to the bill, m'lord" says Rick. "Compliments of Toryc." Nick whisper to Perry.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:08 am

Perry did his best to keep his expression under control. It did not go as planned. "I could have sworn I told both of you to bugger off," He hissed, irritation finding itself in his expression.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 am

An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 Laviniacoffeecolor

Lavinia looked over the bodyguards as she stirred her coffee. "Your employer is persistent," she commented. Turning to Perry, she added, "I hope I may meet again with you again tomorrow. I have been invited to an exclusive exhibition which I hope you might attend with me. You will no doubt find it illuminating."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

Characters : Toryc, Erik and Sarah

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Nick: "Our employer has little to do with this, m'lady" Rick: "Its more our desire for continued employment" Nick: "Toryc has similar wants to any noble, his tells are a touch hard to read though" Rick: "So when 'this meeting is over' is so plainly broadcasted, we move with a touch more haste than may be warrented."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Perry offered the two a skeptical look, narrowing his eyes in irritation. "This was not meant to be a business meeting," He replied. "I could have sworn I made it quite clear that your presence here was most unwelcome. Miss Cardham, I would quite like to join you, but I'm afraid I may have to pass on the invitation if other matters come up."

With that he stood and offered an arm to Lavinia while simultaneously offering a glare to Rick and Nick. He pulled out twenty kenetra from his pocket and set the bills on the table, sliding them closer to Rick. "Now, I expect the both of you to take the rest of the night off and allow Miss Cardham and I some privacy. Buy yourselves come drinks or any other form of entertainment. To be frank, I don't care what you do with your time. I do however expect not to see you anywhere between here and Lady Cardham's ship. If I do, all negotiations with your boss shall be halted, and I will be certain to mention that your presence in my private affairs will be the main cause. Is this understood?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Evening Between Nobility   An Evening Between Nobility - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Evening Between Nobility
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next