Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

Return of the Heat

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:46 pm

The Heat was relatively quiet for for day and almost completely empty unless a scraggly dog counted as a presence. Juliana Highland seamed to have left the ship again, leaving a note on a recently acquired bulletin board mentioning that she was out looking for clues as to where her brother had gone.

Luke entered the common room and made sure the couch was clear of scraps. He moved to lead Alistair to the couch, setting him down before moving to search the kitchen for whiskey. He returned with a bottle a few minutes later, handing the already opened bottle to Alistair before taking a seat himself. "Quite a day, 'ey?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Alistair gulped down a good shot of whiskey, then set the bottle down. "Yeah. Hope they keep bloody Zalt in there forever."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:07 pm

"You and the entire island. Though 'e's not likely to be there for long knowing 'ow these things go. 'E's got prestige and tends to be a very dangerous man," Luke grumbled.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Alistair sighed. "I would like it to be long enough for me to recover my magic. I am utterly drained at the moment." He took another swig of whiskey.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 pm

"I see," Luke said, looking long and hard at Alistair. He wasn't entirely sure what to make of the voices, or the fact that Alistair couldn't see them. And that he claimed there were no such things as ghosts. "Any idea what could have stopped that fire?" He asked, trying to figure out just what was there, and to see if the voices were as strong in the ship as they were elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:39 am

"Luck," Alistair replied. "Pure luck."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:48 am

"There's luck, an' there's a damn miracle. Don't think either of us 'ave earned a miracle, so it 'ad to be something else. I 'eard the voices say we almost joined 'em," Luke replied, glancing around the room again.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:16 am

"You shouldn't speak of voices. You may end up in a sanitarium if you aren't careful." Another swig. "As for me, I just thank my lucky stars we weren't incinerated."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:25 am

"Don't plan on it in the open, though I honestly can't 'elp but think they're our family. Or something pretending to be our family you jus' can't see. Don't know if I'm crazy or not, but I think it might be the real deal. They knew things I didn't," Luke replied, looking away to avoid any chance of eye contact.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Alistair frowned. "Perhaps it was things you just didn't know you knew until today. I imagine being around your brother might trigger some memories."

At that moment, the sound of a fiddle playing a lively tune on deck came to Luke's ears. Closely following that came the joking voice from earlier. "Do you want us to speak now, or what?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Lucas remained where he was, glancing to Alistair to make sure he wasn't reacting to the fiddle playing. "Maybe. For now though, I need to change. Maybe let you rest for a bit," Luke responded, moving to head for the bedroom. Once he was inside, he made sure to close and lock the door behind him, turning to the open room.

"Wanted to make sure it wasn't that 'ouse playing tricks on me," He said to the open room. "I'm pretty sure I'm not insane, insane people can't stop fire through their will alone or know things about a professor I shouldn't even 'ave memories of. If that's the case, I want to know if you're spirits trying to play tricks on me or actual ghosts. An' if you're ghosts, I want to know jus' 'ow many of you there are. I've counted two and 'eard more mentioned..."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:36 pm

John appeared at last, an unkempt man who appeared just a few years younger than Alistair was these days. He sat on the bed, a smirk on his face. One could tell just by looking at him that he was the lady's man of the family. Something about the expression on his face screamed of a nature to swagger about as if he owned the world. "Ready to tal', eh little bro?" He smirked. "Well, I don' blame you 'aving questions. We're all aroun' you. Ghosts. Many will jus' leave you alone, bu' since we're your fam'ly we've go' obligations you might say."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:33 pm

"Why've you started appearing now?" Luke asked skeptically. "And why can't Alistair see you?"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:44 pm

"We've always been 'ere. Can' say why you've never seen us before or why you do now, bu' there it is. An' Ali can' see us cause 'e's a fake, I guess. No' a fake magician, mind. 'e's halways 'ad a knack with water. 'e jus' can' tell a ghost from a cold spot."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:59 pm

"I knew 'e was faking it at least a bit with the whole 'ghosts don't exist' bit. But it don't make sense. I can't use any sort of magic. I shouldn't be able to see you," Luke commented.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:10 pm

"Well, you've got one bro'er wi' magic. Don't surprise me if you've go' a talent as well, though wouldn' 'ave expected ectomancy t' be it," John answered with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:25 pm

"Luck of the draw I 'spose, though don't think it's all that useful for much beyond talking to your dead family." Luke said, leaning on the door. "Never told me jus' 'ow many ghosts there are, or who you are."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:47 pm

"Seven o' us bro'ers. Mum and Da'. Then a few more 'ere an' there. Sixteen in all. An' it 'urts tha' you don' know your own bro'er John," the ghost answered, crossing his arms in indignation. "Thought of all of us you'd remember me."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 pm

"I don't remember any of you!" Luke snapped. After a few moments he managed to cool himself down, responding in a more natural tone, "Sorry, that's a bit of a sore spot."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:21 pm

"It's alright, Lucas," came the voice of a woman, seeming almost middle-aged by the sound of it. "I'm just glad you're alright. You had me worried there a while. And Ali. Ali needs your help now." Her voice turned a bit indignant. "Perhaps you can set him straight! That Professor turned him all crooked. I know we never taught him to be so bad!"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:45 pm

"Don't like it much, but I don't think there's much I can do. 'e's 'is own man an' seams pretty set on 'is innocence," Luke responded.

---

Meanwhile, Juliana headed back on the ship, still wearing her muddy white dress. She practically shipped up the stairs and paused at the top, staring at Alistair. "Bloody 'ell, you look terrible!" She exclaimed, moving to get a closer look at him. "Jus' what 'appened?"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 pm

"You're his older brother, and the only one that might be able to get through to him," their mum declared. "You have to try."

-----

Alistair was half dozing with the bottle of whiskey when Juliana woke him up. "Bloody great dragon chased Luke and me," he answered by way of explanation.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:33 pm

""I'll try, though you know, 'e's kind of right in a way," Luke commented. "'Bout the rich being bastards. They might deserve it every once in a while."

---

Ana gave him a blank stare. She had so many questions, but by now, she had come to the conclusion that it was best just not to ask about these sort of things. "Want some soup?" She asked, trying to shake off the dragon bit.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:37 pm

"Not if you made it," Alistair answered, taking another swig of whiskey. "It just hasn't been my week, but at least I don't have to worry about bloody Syme anymore."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 pm

"You two work out your differences?" Ana asked cheerfully, putting on a hopeful smile. "An' really, who else 'ere can cook?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Return of the Heat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return of the Heat   Return of the Heat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return of the Heat
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next