Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

At the Gateway to the Heat

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrowLord

Characters : Toryc, Erik and Sarah

At the Gateway to the Heat Empty
PostSubject: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:44 pm

As Toryc started poking around the ship, keeping true to his word of leaving private quarters unmolested, save for the inital intrusion of identifying them as such, his two bodyguards stood on either side of the gangplank to the Heat. They were both somewhat anxious about bieng out here, not only because of the unpleasent rain, but because they knew theyd set any of the returning crew on edge, and with Troyc onboard and already looking for a fight, uncomfortable people walking up to him could only cause issues. One of them was aware of Alistair by reputation, and knew that if the man showed up, it would be unpleasent, and if he didnt, it would be hell. Neither man could predict a pleasent end to this day.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:13 am

Alistair headed back to the ship because he had absolutely no luck locating that stupid captain of theirs. He was somewhat hesitant to approach when he saw two strange men standing outside as though guarding the place.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:24 am

Luke stopped directly where he was when he spotted two strange men standing outside of the ship, his self preservation strong enough to know that was never a good sign. After a moment's hesitation he moved to find another ship to use as cover. He took a few moments to glance around, asking, "Oi. Anyone there? You know, any ghosts not busy doing... ghost business?"
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:25 am

While the thugs were a touch more occupied in keeping as warm and dry as possible at the moment than anything else, they did notice the men who where heading for the ship, and who stopped at the sight of them. "Is that them?" asked one. "Lord I hope so," said the other, "if that is the Fairchilds, that means we can get back INSIDE the damn ship."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Luke had a quiet chat with some ghosts, phrases such as "What do you mean, 'When did you become the boss around 'ere?' I'm alive and you're not!" and "No, you're not going to get hurt." passed his lips. Finally, he sighed and glanced back at the ship.

Luke said, with gestures included, "Alright, new plan. Ali, you stay 'ere. I'll see what this is all about. Garrett you do whatever it is cockroaches do. If it's nothing to worry about, I'll wave a 'and about my 'ead. Anything else, you stay 'ere."

Garrett opened his mouth to protest the cockroach comment, though decided against it. "Suit yourself, we can just disappear to hotel for a while. Not like you don't got the money." The last bit was still strained with a hint of bitterness.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Alistair glared at Garrett. "We're not leaving Luke here to trouble... if it is trouble," he muttered.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Garrett replied, "I'm saying we leave before there's trouble to begin with. Wait it out until they're gone."

"Or we can take it 'ead on like men," Luke replied with a glare of his own before he stepped out from behind the ship he was using as visual cover.

Once he had made his decision, he headed for The Heat in a quick, determined pace, keeping his head down and trying his hardest to find a way to get comfortable in his stiff, new suit. Once he was closer to the guards, he attempted to greet them with a serious expression. "We got a problem 'ere?"
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:02 pm

The guards look at the men, discomfort showing on their faces, but they dont make any threatening moves, "No problem, sir," One says, "our employer is here to meet with Ms. Cardham and investigate the vessal, he's a busssiness man you see?" The other speaks up at this point, "If either of you are the Captian, or a Mr. Luke or Alistair Fairchild, he'd very much like to speak with you. Business propositions, or somesuch."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:18 pm

"I'm Lucas Fairchild, an' I can't 'elp but think the idea of anyone 'aving business with me to be kid of weird, considering I was thought dead until a week ago," Luke replied sternly.
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:41 pm

The guards share a look at one another, then the first says to Luke, "He acutally found out about you very recently, sir. He heard about your apperant 'amnesia', and thinks one of his other... employees (a quick twinge of what could be fear crosses his face) might be able to cure you." "The boss thinks one of his business associates has the same ailment, you see." says the other, "his hope is if he can 'cure' you, he'll be able to help his partner as well." "He'd like to discuss you bieng tested on, sir." says the first, "He'll pay you for the trouble, and the risk, but personally, and dont let on I said this, I'd listen to him, cause he might have other things he'd like to pay you for, but I'd then decide to keep the memory loss. But thats just me, sir." His companion has a pained look, though he nods in agreement with his partners statement.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm

"I've kind of 'ad enough of people and their miracle cures," Luke responded bitterly. "I'll meet 'im, though only t' get 'im off the ship. Lead the way." He had hoped that he would be leaving the amnesia business back on Phiah. Quite frankly, he had moved on by now and had accepted that those memories were gone. The only problem was no one else seamed to be ready to accept that fact, least of all Alistair and his constant reminders and reassuring.

Meanwhile, Garrett glanced over their cover, trying to get a good handle on the situation. "Say we should just run, not much we can do from here," He whispered back to Alistair.

Last edited by Evil Minion #2 on Fri May 18, 2012 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:07 pm

"Honestly glad to hear that, sir." Says the first. "Would you mind bringing Mr. Alistair Fairchild as well sir?" says the second, "The bosses intrest in him actually involves money in the here and now."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:10 pm

"Sorry, don't know where 'e's wandered off to," Luke responded with a shrug. He already did not like the sound of involvement of money here and now.
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:16 pm

The two look at each other with a peeved expression, then play a quick hand of rock-paper-scissors. The winner gives his accoplice a grin, then turns to Luke and says, "Right this way sir, he should be near the cargo hold by now." With that, he begins leading Luke into the ship. The other stays at the gangplank, turning his jacket against the rain as best he can, and continues his wait for the rest of the crew.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Juliana Highland headed back for her ship, not venturing to stop when she spotted the guard by the door of her ship. She did, however, stop when she spotted Garrett and Alistair waiting behind another ship. She stopped, a bewildered expression on her face. With a glance back at the kid following her, she asked Alistair, "What are you two doing back there?"
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Sarah stayed slightly behind the captian, not really on guard, "Ifn tha Cap'ian aint wooried, woi should Ah be" she reasoned to herself, though she did shift so that she was half hidden from the two nervous looking men behind Ana's leg from basic shyness.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Alistair watched, beginning to feel a bit nervous. What was going on in there?

He jumped when a familiar voice startled him out of his thoughts. "I am watching the ship to make sure that those fellows, whoever they are, do nothing untoward. I have no idea why they are there, but Luke went to find out and I don't like the look of them."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:12 am

"No idea who they are?" Ana asked, looking back to the single remaining guard. "They're trespassing is what they're doing. Don't like thug types just waltzing on my ship when no one's there."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:48 am

Now Sarah was looking a little concerned, especially when the second thug rejoined his companion. "Trepasser?" she thought to herself, "On me new 'ome? 'Ats straight bullhocky tha is." She tugged on Anas sleeve, and whispered up to the taller girl, "Ah dinnae knoo who they are, bu' they look roit nervous a sommat. Maybe we aught wait fer Erik tae git 'ere, 'eed be able ta straiten 'em oot and good."

Last edited by BarrowLord on Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:23 am

"Or I can..." Alistair cleared his throat, looking at the little girl then back to Ana. "There is more than enough water here to flood out a small army."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:50 am

Ana crossed her arms with a look of determination. "We ask them to get off nicely first. If they don't, we do everything we can t' get 'em off."

With that the determined girl headed for the front of her ship, glaring up at the two body guards in front of her. "You lot! What're you doing in front of my ship? You don't got permission t' be 'ere, do you?"
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:43 pm

The men raise their hats to Ana, after a moment to verify that she is a woman, the first says, "We work for Toryc ma'am, and if this is your ship, he'd very much like to speak with you." "He's a businessman, you see." Says the other, "He came to speak with Lady Cardham, and decided he'd also like to have a look see about chartering this vessal, if youd like some extra income."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Ana's face softened at least a little. Oh, they were invited there. That made the trespassing at least a little bit less offensive. With a significantly more meek tone, she sputtered, "Oh, I guess I'd like to speak to 'im, but 'e's kind of on my ship without my permission, an'..."

As Ana tried to decide what to make of the situation, a furious Luke headed out of the ship. He passed Ana without a glance and got a very confused look in response. He then moved to grab Alistair by the forearm as he passed him. "Come on, Alistair, we need to leave. Now," He grumbled, trying to drag Alistair with him as he walked.

Garrett himself came to the conclusion that he wanted nothing to do with that attempt to take back the ship. He wasn't a magician or a fighter, just some kid trying to get by in life and make sure that life part remained a part of the equation.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Alistair didn't object to being pulled away, but he did have to ask "What is going on?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:55 pm

"Fairfax's got some weird thing on board looking for you who wants to negotiate. I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to trap you there," Luke responded. "Talked about people like they were animals, fish on the market."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At the Gateway to the Heat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next