Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

At the Gateway to the Heat

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BarrowLord

Characters : Toryc, Erik and Sarah

At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 3:21 pm

One of the thugs looks to Ana and says, "Right this way ma'am, he's in the cargo bay and should be much more pleased to talk to you, I'd leave the kid somewhere en route though." The other makes a slight jog after the brothers, "Mr. Alistair, sir. I beg you, just talk with Toryc. He may dispise your profession, but he's got no direct beef with you. Just make your peace with Lord Fairfax, otherwise your going to have a dogged beast hounding you from here till kingdom come!"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:44 pm

"And he'll roast me or worse if he catches me up," Alistair answered with a sneer. "I am not a fool."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:31 pm

"I've gotta agree. Don't like the idea of being 'put down' or a 'resource'," Luke replied, offering the guard a slight glare.

Ana offered the guard a grin. "Sounds like a plan. I show Sarah to the rooms, meet your boss, then mske sure 'e's not 'ere to steal my bloody ship," She replied and then moved into the ship's door, not bothering to wait for the guard to lead the way or give her permission.
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:42 pm

The man following the Fairchilds winced slightly, "He's still not familiar with human customs sir, he didnt mean to offend, Im sure. Please sirs, if you settle this now, Toryc will vouch for a quiet option, as he dosent want Lord Fairfax to do anything to get himself arrested over you, he needs Fairfax too badly. If you run now, he will hunt you, he will find you, and whatever reaction your fearing from Fairfax will be visited apon you tenfold, Toryc dosent really care about legalities at all."
---
The man at the gangplank followed Ana into the vessel, keeping a distance and his silence. Sarah was led to whichever room Ana led her to, looked at the captian and said, "Pleese be careful, Cap'ian, tha oother man looked roit scared a' sommat aboot this boss man."

As soon as Ana gave whatever response she chooses, the man behind her says, "Hes in the cargo hold, ma'am. Right this way."
"Oh," he says, as they start heading off, "before I forget, take this." he hands her a bag that smells of food, "The last lad looked pissed as he left, which probalby means Toryc will be in a mood. Dont tell him I gave it to you, just offer it to him, should keep him a touch closer to civil."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:14 am

"If we don't run we're going to become resources. If wha' both of you say about 'im being worse than Fairfax is true, then we got no reason to go running into 'is arms an' 'ope 'e's not in a bad mood," Luke responded, still trying to keep moving.

Garrett remained at his post behind the ship, taking a peek over ever once in a while. He was beginning to suspect he was the only one with any sort of brains in this operation, considering everyone else just kind of went charging into an unknown situation with a bare minimum of a plan. Hotel rooms were a viable option for everyone involved.

Ana meanwhile lead Sarah to her own little room, offering her a slight smile. The place was quite a mess, and rather sparse even for a little room on a ship. Strangely, it was not the captain's room she was staying in, but one of the four remaining rooms. A pile of old, ratty Penny Dreadfuls were in a loose heap some would call a pile by her bed, while a few other books on basic geography and biology were stacked more nearly by a few suitcases. A huge pile of letters were scattered on a small pull out table near her closed window. "We might need t' renegotiate rooming later, but for now anything in 'ere's on limits for looking an' reading an' playing an' what not. An' I've got nothing to fear from the boss chap, I'm a Highland. We're durable, determined an' 'ellva lucky," She finished with a determined wink before heading out of her room to follow after the guard.
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:07 am

Rick called after the Fairchilds as they left, "I'll pray for your safty, sirs, but I doubt it will do much good."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

Nicknames : Public Enemy #1
Characters : Dmitri Kuznetsov, Ivanna Utkin

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Dmitri sighed as the ship came into view. He had walked as slowly as he could, window shopping throughout the city to prolong his arriving at the ship. When he saw Luke storm away from the ship, Alistair in tow, Dmitri was a little curious as to what happened, and who the other fellow was. Since Luke was quickly coming within earshot, Dmitri asked, "What happened?"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Alistair made double-time. "You're not giving me any bloody reason to stick around. Let's go, Luke."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:42 am

Luke sped up after Alistair as well, not even bothering to look back. To Dmitri, he responded, "There's body guards and businessmen in there."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:58 am

Rick had gotten back to the entry at the same time as Nick. A moment later, Toryc emerged from the vessal at a quick walk. Nick and Rick were about to follow him, when Toryc unceremoniously grabbed the umbrella from Nick, and told them both that they were to guard Lord Fairfax for the next few hours. They shared a look, then returned to the opening, to wait for the young Lords pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Perry headed out of the ship a few minutes after Toryc, talking on a much slower pace to his walk. He threw open his umbrella and began to move, though noticed Nick and Rick still standing by the ship. With another glance back at them, he said flatly, "You two should consider another place to guard if you are not planning on scaring away any intelligent life that wants to use this vessel."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Torycs side of the conversation consisted of him informing Lord Fairfax of his plan to ensure that the Heat will be the only vessal that will accept the Fairchilds, "I also have a... retainer, who I intend to call in should the Fairchilds remain evasive." Toryc said. Nick and Rick noticably blanched at the mention of this 'retainer', but otherwise gave no comment as they fell into step behind Lord Fairfax, Nick providing an apologetic shrug, and Rick finding the skyline rather attention grabbing at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Dmitri had no time to reply before the Fairchilds were gone, so he merely turned to continue going to the ship, shrugging to himself. He heard the tail end of a conversation between two people he didn't know. Something about the Fairchilds. That would explain why they were in a hurry to leave, but just what was going on here? In total, there were four people unfamiliar to Dmitri, and two of them looked like they had been guarding the entrance to the Heat when he had first entered the area. A slight frown appearing on his lips, he walked up to the lot of them, asking nonchalantly, "What's going on? Something wrong inside?"

Last edited by Lieutenant Bubbles on Mon May 21, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:36 pm

"That is quite nice, though I hope we could speak with them before they left the island," Perry replied, though he paused when noting Dmitri approaching. With a slight bow of acknowledgement, he replied, "There is nothing wrong inside. I am the Count Fairfax of Elon, and I find Mr. Alistair Fairchild to be of interest to me for personal reasons. We were simply waiting for him to arrive."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Nick and Rick shifted slightly at the approach of this new person, Dimitri could probably tell they were sizing him up, but made no other move. Toryc on the other hand, turned his alien gaze apon the man and asked, "Are you a member of the Heats crew, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:01 pm

So this was Fairfax, huh? With a slight chuckle, Dmitri answered, "You'll probably be waiting a while." When Toryc spoke, Dmitri turned his attention to him, only just able to keep a look of confusion off his face. "I am." To keep with the formalities, Dmitri said, "My name is Dmitri." He nodded toward the ship, saying, "Pardon me for not being more talkative, but I've been out in this yuck long enough. I'm going inside." Dmitri continued walking toward the ship without waiting for any of the others to answer. If they had any questions or anything for him, they could follow him in. He did decide, however, to look for Juliana and ask about them whenever he got inside, though.
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Troyc decided that if the man was important, Ana would invite him to dinner, and moved to enact his plans for the evening.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Fairfax watched Dmitri leave, deciding he didn't really have anything to say to the man. He was neither Alistair Fairchild nor anyone involved i the death of his father or Lord Syme. With a shake of his head, he continued on, moving to head for his own ship to prepare for his own night out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the Gateway to the Heat   At the Gateway to the Heat - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At the Gateway to the Heat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2