Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. Empty
PostSubject: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Lord Fairfax headed to the shipward at a determined pace, his hair continuing to wrestle it's way out of his carefully parted style as he continued to walk. The neat Count almost didn't seam to notice in his determination. The ship he approached was only slightly bigger than a two story house, not the smallest brand of ship available on the market though it was definitely in the top 10. It's plain, unadorned sides had the markings of no island, an allegiance to no country. This was a freelancer, and a new one at that.

Perry approached the door and knocked firmly on it, glaring at at the haul. He knew that this was the ship Mr. Fairchild had left on, after all, it was right there in the Hospital records. All he could really do as hope that Lavinia was not trying to hide the criminal from him. That would make the ties between their families a bit more... tricky.
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:41 pm

Lavinia looked up from her book when she heard the knocking on the door to the hull. She smiled then quickly schooled her expression. No doubt it was Perry. She would have to speak with him privately before he ran off on a fool's errand and destroyed her plans. Without further delay, she walked down the stairs and opened the door. "Ah, Perry," she said, a tad bit surprised to see him so disheveled, "do come in. I daresay I have been expecting your arrival."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

Characters : Toryc, Erik and Sarah

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Toryc and his guards had finally caught up with Perry, and were currently taking up positions as a slight enterouge. Toryc standing slightly behind and to the right of Perry, with one thug holding Torycs umbrella and the other on the left side of Lord Fairfax. Toryc, not certian of what the cheat looked like, was happy to wait and observe. When they got to the heat, Toryc immediately started sizing it up for potential profit he might ring out of it, he was a business man after all, and thus he was almost entirely absorbed in his own little world when Miss Cardham opened the door, though he did give an odd stare at his hechmen when they removed their hats in her presence.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:32 pm

"Miss Cardham," The young Fairfax replied, offering a slight bow in greeting. "A pleasure seeing you again, though I wish it could be under better circumstances." He was quick to close his umbrella and shook off the excess water that had accumulated on it. As he entered the doorway at Lavinia's beckoning, he taped his hand on the door frame out of habit, an audible zap echoing through the enclosed cargo bay as he entered.

He gestured back toward Toryc and said, "This is my business partner... Toryc. Toryc, this is Miss Cardham, daughter of Viscount Morenne of Coxland."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:56 pm

Toryc walked in immediately after Perry, leaving his men outside. He paled slightly at the sound of the zap, figuring that Lord Fairfax had used some of his magic. When Perry introduced this "Miss Cardham" Toryc finally scrutinized her. He was still unfamiliar with human customs, but to his experience, the longer it took to say their name, the more important they were. He mimiced the bow performed by Perry, and said, "It is a very good pleasure to meet you, I hope our business here can be mutually profitable."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Lavinia offered the hand to the strange man. "A pleasure, she remarked."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:23 am

Torycs alien face stared at the offered hand blankly for a moment. Nokklugs really didnt bother with physical contact most of the time, so the concept of "handshakes" came as a bit of an oddity when he first came to human regions, and still seemed odd to him. After the moment, he took her hand, shook once, and then returned to his position behind Perry to let the meeting commence.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Perry cleared his throat, deciding not to comment on the fact that the offered hand was for kissing, not shaking. With a serious expression that looked a bit out of place on his statically charged hair, he said, "While I would love to exchange pleasantries, I have business I need to attend to. Namely, Mr. Fairchild's location. He did not show up to our arranged meeting spot and I would like to know where he has disappeared to."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:51 pm

"Unfortunately, I do not know where he, his brother, and their new acquaintance have gone," Lavinia answered, closing the door behind them. "Merely that they left the ship at around ten this morning. No doubt they will return soon." She led the way up the stairs to the common room. "Now if you will wait here, we can discuss whatever you think necessary."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Perry moved to follow her, deciding that waiting inside the ship was going to be a lot more comfortable than camping outside of it. However, there was one glaring problem with this plan: Lavinia. He had hardly been expecting to spend time waiting with her. The problem with waiting was idle chatter. And while there were plenty of common events to discuss, his mother had been very specific about wanting him to bring flowers to any meeting. After all, the Fairfax family was getting quite a bit smaller with his father's death, and his mother was quite insistent that he no longer remain a bachelor. While he was not exactly fond of the idea of marriage, he supposed it was a must.

"There is not much that is exactly necessary to discuss," He responded, running a hand over his hair in a futile attempt to tame it. "Beyond how you managed to wind up on the same vessel with Mr. Fairchild."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:18 am

Lavinia looked over at the intruder into their conversation, not sure she liked the man... There was something unsettling about him. When Perry spoke, however, she returned her attention to him. "I was trying to retrace Lord Syme's steps," she answered, clutching her hands together in her lap. "We had talked over it, as well as his... personal connections to my area of research the day he died, but I had only the briefest idea of what he had discovered. Now that he is gone, I will attempt to finish his research." She looked down. "He would like it to be finished, I think."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 3:06 am

"I believe we spoke about your research earlier, though it does leave the question of why Lord Syme never mentioned Mr. Fairchild's presence aboard this vessel to me," Perry said, taking a subtle glance in the direction of Toryc. While he knew his father trusted the man enough to start a business with him, he wasn't entire sure he was ready to reveal much about the legends of the Order to the man, especially with the reaction he had to magic. While he was still terrible at reading the man, his body guards gave off the impression that it was a subject he would prefer not to speak upon.

Just then, he remembered something. "Ah, I have a copy of the school records you requested, though I should warn you I had to have one of my own men copy it down instead of a school official," He replied, pulling out a thick folded up stack of paper from his pocket. he handed it over, adding, "I wish there a good way to prove it is not forged, however, unless we go back to my own ship you will just have to rely on trust."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:12 am

Toryc was only half paying attention to the conversation, deciding he'd rather replay the event o this room in his mind later, than interfere with the business at hand. He wasnt oblivious to the glances he was recieving, and had already come to the conclusion that there was some secret shared between the two that they didnt want him aware of. "Unfortunate," he thought to himself, "but if he wishes to hold someone who harbors a cheat closer than the honest I, who am I to judge? He is a caster after all, their own deviousness will see them torn apart in the end. Its truly sad that I need such a beast to produce the Pale Sodium."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:50 am

"I do not know why he did not. Perhaps the captain dissuaded him, or he did not have time. From what I am given to understand, he was on Phiah only two days and on this ship with Mr. Fairchild only a day before that. Mr. Fairchild was something of an unexpected passenger."

Lavinia accepted the stack gratefully and looked through it a minute. "Hmm... I could see where one might get the impression that his entire family is dead. However, it would seem that one of his brothers survived on Phiah." She looked up. "I have gotten the impression that this older brother, Luke, is suffering some sort of amnesia. He cannot recall anything before thirteen years ago. It would seem to be mere coincidence that he and Mr. Alistair J. Fairchild met again."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:29 am

"I would imagine a gravestone and records of death would be better proof for such a claim, though I only have a list of names on the grave. Quite frankly, I hardly care that he has any kin, newly found or not. It's not them I am interested in. It's Mr. Fa... Mr. Alistair Fairchild I want to see brought to justice. As well as that vampire that managed to get a few connections on Phiah." Perry replied sternly. He could worry less about the implications of the vampire managing to get some connections in high places if he could figure out exactly why he got off. Granted, Phiah hardly counted as a high place, but the sentiment still remained.
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Now Toryc was paying much closer attention to the exchange. He was still having trouble understanding the humans language, even after years of interaction, it was such a limited language after all, but some of these words made little sense to him. "Amnesia" was the name of the ailment that Lord Fairfax was apperantly suffering, which made this lengthy exchange necessary in the first place, perhaps if Toryc managed to get this "Luke" to the Psyche he had hidden in the factory, he could find a way to reverse the damage.
The concept of "brotherhood, bieng alien to Toryc only implied that there was some connection between "Luke" and the swindler, making obtaining the man in higher priority now, as he could probably be used as a barganing chip. The talk of "gravestones" was confusing, "What in the Hell are 'gravestones'?" Toryc thought to himself "And why would you need a record of your predecessors?"
Toryc was aware of "vampires" however, he had dealings with some humans who were labeld as such by his advisors at the time, though he couldnt for the life of him figure out why they filled the men with such dread, Toryc himself found them rather charming, for humans of course.
"Beg pardon for the interruption," Toryc finally said, "but why does the business of a vampire matter to you, Lord Fairfax?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Perry glanced at Toryc, analyzing the results of giving this man information. While he still found the man to be strange, he could see no problem with telling him this much. He took an oddly clinical tone despite the gruesomeness he was describing about a friend.

"An associate of ours, Lord Syme, died a few days ago. The circumstances were... strange to say the least. According to reports from both Ms. Cardham and a man known as Dr. Chiswick, a Victrola fell from the sky and hit him in the head, crushing his skull and killing him instantly. Neither the doctor nor Miss Cardham knew why this had happened, despite the fact there had been an incident the day before. The vampire was a major part of the incident, and had been arrested for it. Supposedly he had been executed, though Miss Cardham claims he is currently on this ship. If we investigate his involvement, perhaps more of the truth can be exposed."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Toryc released a soft hooting sound, "You certianly have been plagued with a streatch of ill fortune lately, Lord Fairfax. Is there anyone alive who has yet to wrong you?"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:23 pm

"I see," Lavinia answered, glancing at their purple friend again. "Unfortunately, it appears he has fled beyond any jurisdiction where he can be touched. You may try to get revenge yourself, of course, but Perry, things have never gone well for you when you acted out of an overflowing emotion. Calm yourself. Mr. Fairchild will be dealt with in due time."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Toryc made the hooting noise again, "Jurisdiction, Lady Cardham? Ive never understood that particular term, though a few humans have attempted to use it to wriggle out of an agreement with me. This... Fairchild person has wronged Lord Fairfax, and now is called apon to make amends. Tell me, is there some scale you humans use that tells you 'when Ive run this far, I shall be forgiven my lie'?" Toryc virtually spits the word 'lie' out, as though the use of it scalds his tongue.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:54 pm

"I must agree with Toryc. The police have done more to protect him than bring him to justice. I grow tired of waiting for justice that will never come, and would prefer to get it done myself when no one else seams able."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:15 pm

"Your impatience serves you ill," Lavinia answered calmly. "I said nothing of the police bringing Mr. Fairchild to justice, only that you shall have it soon enough if you are patient and do not take rash actions."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:03 am

"Miss Cardham, unless you can give me a better reason not to continue my search, I will confront the man. I believe I've come too far to turn back now," Perry said sternly.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Lavinia raised an eyebrow. "Your temper, Perry. Would you allow your mother to suffer the shame your arrest for murder would bring on your family name? Do be reasonable. This Alistair Fairchild is not the least bit worth the effort you have expended to catch him up. Certainly he shall pay for his crimes, but confronting him here is foolish. Should you be unable to control your temper you will be tried not by your peers but the same commons that this man comes from, and they will not be the least bit sympathetic to one known as a Lord."

She looked out the window. "In due time you shall have your chance to exact any vengeance you see fit, but here is neither the time nor place. Should you try something foolish, I will be forced to stop you, for your own good. I am sure your father and mother would quite agree."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:41 pm

Toryc released his odd hoot yet agian, "As Lady Cardham presents the facts, she is correct Lord Fairfax, and I would hate to see your justice system, which would sadly protect a cheat over the victim, put a halt to our dealings. I have a question, however, and I fully expect it to be ignored, I know you humans like to gather into packs and form bonds, 'familiarity breeds contentment' I believe is one of your truisms. Lady Cardham here has been in the same den as this Fairchild, no doubt sharing food and time with him, so I wonder, 'has a bond been formed'? Could the insistance on control and temperment be an attempt to keep Lord Fairfax out of trouble, or is it an attempt to blunt a rather impressive wrath bearing down on one who has become cared for?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.   The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Little Ship Known As the Heat, Midday.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next