Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

The ship, later that night

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

The ship, later that night Empty
PostSubject: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Garrett Argil didn't waste much time in getting his trunks delivered to the Heat. He decided he wanted a look around before the other two men returned, a foot in the door. Looking around the mostly empty ship, he couldn't help but winder just what it's purpose was. the cargo door was hardly scratched, indicating it wasn't a cargo ship, though the actual decorations were sparse enough to rule out the idea of a transportation ship. That just left some sort of honeymoon ship for an extremely rich couple.

He hadn't bothered to knock on the front door when he arrived, assuming there was word he was on his way already there. And now that he had his luggage in the mostly empty cargo bay, he headed on upstairs to investigate the ship further. Learn the emergency escapes and locations of various tools in case he needed them.
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

Nicknames : Public Enemy #1
Characters : Dmitri Kuznetsov, Ivanna Utkin

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:00 pm

By this time, Dmitri had tidied up, anticipating Alistair and Luke's return with the umbrella. His hair was back in its ponytail at the base of his neck, and his shirt was tucked. He didn't put a waistcoat on or anything, though, since he thought them rather uncomfortable to lounge around in. Having borrowed a book called From Icarus to the Moon by Julius Ferne from Lavinia, Dmitri sat in the living room, crossing his legs as he read the book with some interest. He swung his foot as he read, getting somewhat impatient as the day dragged on. Putting the book down, Dmitri stretched, switching the position of his legs.

With his face no longer in the book, he noticed an unfamiliar person walking up the stairs. Considering that first of all, the Heat didn't look good enough to steal from, and the man was dressed far too well for a thief, he assumed the man wasn't trying to rob the ship. He called out to the man, saying, "I do believe the proper courtesy is to knock and await approval before entering one's ship, unless the Captain knows you're arriving?" No one had been on the ship since Alistair left and, without an umbrella, no one left either. The fact that they were here on accident probably ruled out previous arrangements for this man to be here, as well.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Garrett paused on his way up the stairs when seeing Dmitri lounging. He leaned on his umbrella slightly and smiled brightly, with the look of a friendly teenager in a soaking wet middle class suit, his black bowler hat still resting on his head. He bowed slightly to Dmitri before he said, "Ah, good sir, I was invited here by one Alistair Fairchild. Looks like I beat him here though. Garrett's the name, and you are?" He offered a hand for a handshake.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Dmitri stood up, walking over to Garrett and taking his hand to complete the handshake. "Name's Dmitri." Letting go of Garrett's hand, he looked the boy over quickly before saying, "Fairchilds haven't returned yet. I'm sure Captain wouldn't mind letting you stay here while waiting for them, but wouldn't hurt to ask." He moved out of the way of the stairs, to let Garrett through, saying, "I'll go get her." He went over to Juliana's room, knocking on her door.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Juliana woke up with a bit of a startle. When she moved to answer the door, she was dressed in a white night gown, her hair sticking out in odd angles from the way she slept on it. "Something wrong?" She asked with a big yawn.

Garrett meanwhile stayed where he was, glancing around the ship as he considered the options. Book shelf was empty, was going to need to fill that up to make it a nice place for him to sit in.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:37 pm

"Not really. There's a fellow named Garrett here, saying he was invited on board by Fairchild. I told him he could stay and wait on them, but I wanted to make sure was okay with you." He felt bad for waking Juliana up, but he didn't think he should be making decisions for her passengers, however temporary, without her permission, especially walking on such thin lines as he was.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:42 pm

"'s long as 'e's not threatening nobody or filching anything, don't got a problem with 'im being 'ere," Ana replied with a yawn. "Or if you meet anyone, don't mind you taking them back to the ship as long as they're not causing trouble or nothing."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:52 pm

"Okay. Thank you. I'll let you go sleep now. I apologize for waking you." He walked away, back to the living room. "Captain says you can stay, as long as you behave." Since he was bored enough, Dmitri began striking up a conversation with Garrett. "Know Fairchild long?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Garrett shrugged, responding, "Known him for about an hour now. Says he'll help me with some business deals. But that's not really important. What is important is you seam to be a Julius Ferne fan. Did you know him and G. H. Poole are here in town, down at the world's faire?"
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:22 pm

It was Dmitri's turn to shrug as he replied, "I'm just reading that out of boredom. I wasn't aware they were here. Captain and I were going to go to faire, but I think she just wanted to see faire itself, not authors. Unfortunately, Fairchilds took only umbrellas ship had to offer, so we've been waiting for them to return. Whatever they're doing has taken much longer than we expected." Thinking on it, he said, "Maybe Miss Cardham would be interested to hear about authors, though. It's her book."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Garrett glanced down at his own umbrella and flipped it over in his hands, presenting it to Dmitri like a sword. "You can borrow one of mine, as an apology for barging in. Live here for more than a month and you tend to realize just how important a good umbrella and overpass is."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Dmitri took the umbrella, smiling at Garrett's offer. "Well, thank you." He looked toward Juliana's room, wondering if he should knock on her door again. It was fairly late and, not knowing this city much, namely its inhabitants, he thought maybe they should wait until tomorrow. He decided he would anyway, and if Juliana wanted to wait until later, he would give Garrett's umbrella back. Besides, he thought, she probably hadn't gone back to sleep so soon. Before he left, though, he replied, chuckling to begin, "I can only imagine." Gesturing to the living room, he said, "You're welcome to have seat. Careful not to get anything too wet though." He walked back off to the rooms, knocking on Juliana's door again, gently playing around with the umbrella slightly as he waited for her to answer.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Garrett looked down at the couch and it's plush, absorbent seats and decided against sitting down. Instead, he look to glancing down the hallway for signs of how many people were on board and what rooms were available for him to take.

Ana moved to answer the door again with a yawn. She paused when noting the umbrella in Dmitri's hands. "Are Mr. Fairchild and Luke back?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:26 pm

"No, that Garrett fellow let us use his umbrella. If you still want to go to Faire, we can go now. Of course, if you would rather sleep, we can go tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Ana offered a small smile in response, saying, "Would love to go, though I'd need to get changed into something decant first. Wait 'ere."

The young girl then disappeared into her room again. She reemerged a few minutes later, dressed in her old factory clothes with her brother's aviator jacket thrown over then. With a smile, she pointed down the hall. "Care to lead the way? Or should we invite Ms. Cardham along?" She asked.

Last edited by Evil Minion #2 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 pm

"We can invite Miss Cardham if you'd like. I don't mind at all. Just keep in mind we'll all be sharing one umbrella." He wondered if they would all fit under the umbrella, but he also wouldn't want to leave Lavinia out if tonight did prove to be fun. As fun as spending a rainy night outside could be, anyway. Besides, Lavinia might like seeing the authors present anyway.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:43 pm

A look of utter bafflement fell over Ana's face. "Am I honestly the only one who thought an umbrella would be something important to bring traveling?" She asked rhetorically. Without giving Dmitri time to answer her question, she moved down the hall and knocked on Lavinia's door.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Dmitri followed Juliana, deciding not to mention that, personally, his things were currently in an evidence room somewhere. He stood somewhat behind Juliana as they waited for Lavinia to answer, and realized that Lavinia actually might have an umbrella, considering that she knew she would be travelling.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Lavinia answered the door. "Yes?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:07 pm

"We're going to the world's faire. Want to join us?" Ana asked with a bright, inviting smile.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:37 pm

"That sounds pleasant," Lavinia answered. "What time does it close?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:10 pm

"The weird guy outside said midnight," Ana replied with a smile, not sure what else to call the eelmen. She had seen one once in Central City, but only at a distance.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:22 pm

"Then we shall have time." She went to her wardrobe and pulled out a jacket to match her skirt, then quickly moved to put her hair up in a suitable manner for holding a hat. "If you would, my umbrella is in my trunk."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:53 am

"Oh! Ana exclaimed, moving to retrieve Lavinia's umbrella for her. After all, it'd be wrong for some strange to rummage through a lady's stuff. Only slightly more wrong than a strange woman rummaging however.

---

Garrett, in his own rummaging and poking his nose into other people's possessions, glanced up when hearing Alistair whistling his way up the stairs. Offering a friendly smile and pretending like he wasn't holding an open first aid kit in his hands, he said, "You sound happy."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:02 am

"Just found dome luggage I thought I'd never see again," Alistair answered with a grin. "An the fellow that stole it from me got his in spades. You could say I'm delighted, right now, at how things turned out." In a low voice, he added, "Never underestimate the power of a few half-truths in the ears of certain officers of the law."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ship, later that night   The ship, later that night I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The ship, later that night
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next