Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

That Night At The Police Station

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

That Night At The Police Station Empty
PostSubject: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:31 am

The police station looked like any of the tall, plain buildings that populated Electric City, at least this outstation did. Five stories tall, it blended in well with the skinny city. In fact, the only thing that would even indicate a police station would be a giant, water stained sign flat out stating it was one.

Luke nearly passed this building in his search, more used to the ornate police hall Phiah had to offer. He paused outside, quietly asking Alistair, "Need me to join you or wait for you 'ere?"
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 am

"They might better buy my story if you waited," Alistair surmised. "Still..." He looked around. The rain was still pelting down. "I wouldn't want you waiting in the rain."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:51 am

"I'll be fine, it's just water," Luke grumbled. He wasn't going to deny it was kind of cold out, though he knew better than to mention the fact. "If you're that worried, I'll go find a pub down the street."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 am

"Just don't wander too far," Alistair told him, handing over the umbrella. "I want to talk with you afterward."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:58 am

Luke hesitatingly took the umbrella, offering his brother a little nod of gratitude before moving to head down the street in search of somewhere at least a little bit dryer.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:30 am

With that, Alistair adjusted the collar on his shirt and hurried into the police station.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:38 am

An eelman sat at the front desk, absently looking over records in a book. He stopped when noticing Alistair enter the station, abruptly sitting himself with the best manners he could muster. "Is there anything I can do to help you?" He asked, unblinking eyes staring at Alistair.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:49 am

"I need to spea' to the chief inspec'or over a serious ma'er," Alistair answered, standing straight and correct in a good imitation of most tinners he had seen before. "There is a major smuggling ring opera'in' between this and other ci'ies and I b'lieve he should like to 'ave a feather in his cap. Upper Coppers like t' shine their buttons up. You know 'ow it is."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:02 pm

The receptionist blinked, recognizing the Central City lower class dialect. "The chief inspector isn't in right now, though I can call him if you like, if it's really as big as you say it is."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:23 pm

"'e'll want to 'ear this, I'm sure. It's 'uge. Might call the rest of th' lads ou' of bed too," Alistair assured the receptionist.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:31 pm

The receptionist moved to his phone and dialed several numbers, assuming each person he called that there was a human there talking about a large smuggling ring. In the first fifteen minutes, an eelman with a rough look to him (though strangely no scars) entered the room. "Something about a smuggling ring?" He asked Alistair, offering him a cold gaze even by his species' standards.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:32 pm

"Yessir. I'm a constable ou' of Central City, sir. I was assigned as a plan' in an undercover operation. The Chief over there reckoned there was some tobacco smuggling going on, bu' 'e needed proof. 'E wan'ed a feather in 'is cap since there's been some nasty reports in the Gazette abou' us recently.

"I was s'posed to infiltra'e the ring as a stow'way runnin' from the law, y'see, an looking for a job. Well, firs' part of the plan wen' off alrigh', but the smugglers didn' like 'avin' me aroun' so they threw me overboard ou' in the open sky. Nearly lost me life, I did. Fort'nately I was able t' make it 'ere than's to some good citizens," the con man shivered and it wasn't totally feigned. Almost dying three different times in one week could have that effect.

"Now the chief's no' going t' be 'appy I tol' you all about this. 'e wan'ed the credit, see, but we can' 'ave these bastards running aroun' any more. You can 'ave the credit. I jus' need to go back to Central City wi' the bag of items from our evidence locker we put together to ma'e my story convincing. If I do, 'e migh' forgive me for flubbing up."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:49 pm

The cold-eyed eelman quietly sat down and took notes. His nose wrinkled at the term "tin man", a bit of a disagreeable term for an officer to be referring to himself as. Another case of someone going native in their undercover work. "I'm certain he'd forgive you for nearly being murdered, though trying to prove it will be tough. If you don't mind me asking, what's your name and rank and what was in the bag?"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:10 pm

"Johnson, sir," Alistair answered promptly, "Anthony Johnson, Junior Cons'able. Badge number two-four-five-oh-eight. Bag contains numerous lux'ry goods li'e gold candlesticks, cufflinks, silverware, an' some fine clothes. If you 'and tha' back, then I'd be more confiden' t' face the man." He looked down at his boots and wrung his hands, playing the part of the shame-faced constable who was in for a good verbal beating by a superior officer.

"'e won' like tha' I 'anded this information over to you. Bes' to keep my involvemen' a secret until I can go ba' to Central City an' explain in person."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:36 pm

The eelman took a few moments to think it over. He sounded legitimate, and it would be a bit of a crackshot for some thief to just know if there was a container on a ship somewhere. "Can you point out the ship you were on if we take you to the shipyard? And maybe some information on where the smuggled items would be on the ship itself? And if you don't mind me asking, who's your sergeant?"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:09 pm

"Sergean' is Kirby, sir," Alistair answered. He was almost sure he had read that name in a paper somewhere. "An' I thin' I can. There's a special compartment down in the 'old. Nailed shut most times to 'ide it from inspec'ors."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:31 pm

"Ah, Kirby," The Eelman responded, a ping of understanding in his tone. He had only met the man once or twice, but he could easily see him being the type to get upset over mistakes and incompetence. "If you wouldn't mind leading the way there either tonight or tomorrow, it'd be wise to catch them before they leave port again."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:09 pm

"The sooner the be'er, sir! After I spo'ed those bastards in por' I knew I 'ad to get them cleaned up righ' away," Alistair answered with a smart salute.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 pm

"Then lead on, my friend," The eelman commented with a dramatic finger pointed at the door.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Alistair led the way, making sure the eel man followed with backup.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:14 pm

The eelman gathered five other subordinate eelmen (as well as a human and a centricrus for good measure) before moving to follow after Alistair.

The smuggling ship remained in the shipyard, not particularly far from The Heat herself. Crates were scattered all across the docks, carrying legitimate merchandise sealed in their holds. Large men carried more crates down the cargo door, almost done with their day's work.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 am

"Tha's it," Alistair muttered to the chief, pointing to the ship.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:22 pm

The police chief headed to the boat, signaling for his men to block off the exits. The men working the boat seamed to be caught by surprise, though didn't seam only worried by the prospect and remained undetained as he explored. The chief entered the boat's premise with confidence, grumbling to each of the workers as he passed, "Surprise inspection, coming through."

The inspection was resulting in nothing despite the policemen's tapping on the the walls of the first cargobay of the boat. After ten minutes of checking themselves, the eelman asked Alistair, "Can you show us where the goods were kept?"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Alistair walked over and pointed to the wall as best he could remember from the few minutes he had seen the hold. "Nailed shu', likely pa'ed. I didn' ge' the best view of the 'old, bu' I think this is the spot."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:19 pm

The eelman stared at the wall, examining it closely. Finally, he ordered, "Well, rip it open."

The other policemen moved to unnail the wall, their hammers quick at work despite the protests of the crew. Sure enough, once the planks had been removed, several crates could be seen hidden behind them. With a glance back to the hall, the chief demanded, "Check the boxes. And you two, go grab the captain for me. I think we're going to need to discuss this in more detail."

Two of the policemen headed up the deck's stairs and returned with the gruff captain in tow. He gave Alistair a subdued look of surprised followed vindictive irritation. "Weren't you running from something?" He asked Alistair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Night At The Police Station   That Night At The Police Station I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Night At The Police Station
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next