Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

In the Cargo Hold

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrowLord

Characters : Toryc, Erik and Sarah

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:35 pm

True to his bodyguards prediction, Toryc had, in fact, found himself in the cargo hold. He was currently wondering if it would be wise to start rummaging through the supplies when one of his guards and an unidentified man walked in.
"Boss," says the guard, "Allow me to introduce Mr. Lucas Fairchild" Toryc looks at the man with his unreadable gaze, then finally looks to his guard and says, "You may go" When the guard leaves, Toryc returns his gaze to Luke, and says, "Well then, sir, what did the guards tell you I wanted with you?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Luke looked quite unsure about what to make of the little purple man, his mind trying to decide if he should punch the thing or try to talk to it. Finally, he decided to try and be civil, or at least what passed for civil for the man. "They said something about curing amnesia. I'm kind of not interested."
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Toryc releases a gurgling sound, "Thats a shame to hear, one of my associates is suffering from a similar ailment, and I'd hate to risk him in the testing. You would be compesated of course." He then waves his hand, "I will not attempt to pressure you, though do know the option is on the table. Im far more interested in your... brother, still dont understand that word. He's interfeing with some business of mine, Id like to negotiate a cessation of his actions. Could you tell me where to find him?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Luke gave him a disbelieving look. "You're really not giving anyone any reason to trus' you. Quite frankly, you're being creepy and I kind of find your motives questionable."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Torycs skin paled a little, irritated that these damn humans could never just get to the damn point. He gurgled slightly and returned to his usual shade, "They lie to each other all the time," he thought, "Why shouldnt they assume lies from an outsider as well? Poor pathetic animals." To Luke, he said, "Im not asking for your trust, sir, nor am I concerned with how you percieve me. If youve questions, ask them, I have no interest in copying your human custom of deception, and business is smoother when all sides have their desired facts."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:06 pm

"Very well. Why do you want me brother?" Luke asked, his tone taking on a hostile tone. "'E's kind of close t' me."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Toryc noted the change in tone, but chose to disregard it, "A business venture, in which I am very invested, has been put on hold due to some form of machinations on his part." Toryc said. "All I want from him is to set thing right, so that I can return to Central and be on with it."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:46 pm

"Last I checked, my brother was wanted by a Coxish lord, a necromancer and I'm pretty sure there are more people after 'is 'ide that 'e isn't telling me about. I don't think I like the sort of reimbursement these people will have," Luke responded, keeping his hostile tone. His hands balled into fists, prepared to fight back if he was not fond of what was mentioned or was assaulted.
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:40 am

Toryc paled at the animals agressive display, "Complication upon complication" He silently cursed. He released a clicking noise, similar to a cicadas, and said, "If your 'brother' is foolish enough to make so many enemies, perhaps some gratitiude should be shown towards someone willing to provide a peaceful out. I have no interest in violence, Lucas Fairchild, that is the purview of animals, and you are a resource I would like to take advantage of, despite your association to a liar and a cheat. If you continue to threaten me, however, I will put you down like the beasts you wish to imitate." Torycs posture during all of this was tensed, like a tightly wound spring, ready to unravel. He did carry a small pistol, for times such as this, but with the apperant strength of the man before him, he opted to keep his hands away from it for the time bieng.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:43 am

"I'm not a resource, I'm a god damn human being," Luke barked in response. "And I 'ave every right to be pissed when when you keep implying otherwise. Don't think we got much business left if your only options are be a lab rat an' sell out someone close to me."

With that Luke turned to leave in a bit of a huff, deciding he was going to have no business with someone so condescending and so... dehumanizing.
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:57 am

Toryc was shifting towards lavender in coloration now, and the chittering was softly underscoring his words, "Mr. Fairchild, I am not asking you to betray the other, I am asking you to help him. I must have the Pale Sodium, and Fairfax wont deal until amends are made with your precious liar. If Alistair comes now, and repays Lord Fairfax for his lies, then all can be well swiftly, if he attempts to prolong his flight from justice, then he can count me as an enemy as well. I am nowhere near as patient and kind as Lord Fairfax is."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:15 pm

"I'm not going to 'elp you track down my brother for some business arrangement. Considering you already consider us animals, I 'alf expect you to try and put us down for the sake of cleansing the world or some bullshit. I'm not good with words or bargaining, but I do know I'm not leading Alistair into a situation 'e might not be able to jus' walk out of," Luke replied as he crossed the room and opened the door. "Good day and good luck on your 'unting. I'll pass the message along, but I can't guarantee 'e'll come."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Toryc watched the man walk out, virtually shaking with rage. "This will be rememberd, Luke Farichild," he muttered to himself, "Mark me sir."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Toryc was in the process of calming down and silently cursing himself for this thrice damned limited language yet again, and already wondering which bounty hunters he wanted to send after the Fairchilds. He had just returned to his usual shade, when Nick walked in leading a ragged lookng human. "Toryc," Nick says, "This is Captian Juliana Highland of the good vessal, the Heat." Toryc studied the human for a moment, "You may leave, Nick." he finally said. To Ana, "Hello Captian Highland, it is a pleasure to meet you, and I hope this meeting goes better than my last."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:19 am

"It might get off to a rocky start," Ana replied, putting her hands on her hips in an attempt to look braver. "You kind of came on 'ere with out my permission an' you've got 'alf of my crew nervous. I'd kick you off now, but I think you've got a right to tell your side of what's going on 'ere."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:16 am

Toryc tilted his head to the left, "In the article of my presense on board your vessal; Lord Fairfax and I came to this vessal to attempt to settle some business, Miss Cardham allowed us onto the vessal and began the meeting. I believe the two of them are still towards the front of the ship, if youd care to verify with them. They wanted some privacy, and Miss Cardham stated that, so long as I leave private quarters unmolested, Im free to examine the ship. Im considering negotiating a commision for it, you see.
In the article of making your crew nervous; that was not my intention. I simply wanted to meet with Mr. Alistair Fairchild, so we could amicably settle his business with Lord Fairfax, and I could get on with my own business with the man." Toryc releases a small gurgling sound, "Mr. Lucas decided to get rather agressive, which is unfortunate, as I want this done with peacefully. Violence is abhorrent to me, though it may be my only recouse if Mr. Alistair refuses to take the honorable approach."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:31 am

Juliana flinched at the word "molested", finding it to be a bit vile of a term. "Mr. Fairchild's kind of popular, ain't 'e? I'm kind of obligated to keep you from 'urting 'im though, even if 'e's a jerk. 'E's part of my crew. I might be willing to 'elp you on your commission, though I kind of don't 'ave much of a set course."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:39 am

Toryc paled and released a clicking noise, "May this thrice cursed language fade into the void" he said to himself. To Ana, he said, "I repeat, I dont want to hurt anyone. If Mr. Fairchild just shows an amount of honesty and amends for the wrong he did to Lord Fairfax, the most damage that should be done will be to his reputation and finances." He takes a deep inhalation, and returns to his normal shade, "As for your course, perhaps we could find a more comfortable locale to discuss that in, Captian Juliana Highland."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Ana offered him a blank stare, trying to think of what would count as a more comfortable location than the cargo hold. "Well, there's the common room and cockpit upstairs," She offered with a slight shrug. "An' after a few conversations with Mr. Fairchild, that sounds like all 'e's got left at the moment."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Toryc made a slight hooting sound, "Actually, Captian Juliana Highland, Ive a better idea, if you'll indulge me. As you have stated, I have, quite inadvertently I assure you, been rather rude thus far. If you will permit me, I would prefer to discuss business over dinner. Theres a restraunt called the Grand Kraken not too far from here, and I would be most obliged if you would meet me there around seven this evening, my treat, of course. If you would be so kind as to invite the Fairchilds as well, both so I can attempt to mend the wounded feelings I engendered in Mr. Lucas, and try one last time to get Mr. Alistair to settle this amicably, I'd be very greatful to you. I will only have my two guards at the gangplank accompany me, so you need not fear any violence on my part tonight."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:15 pm

"As long as you don't try to 'urt either of them," Ana replied with a satisfied smile. While the meal sounded nice, she found herself more relieved at the idea of being able to do something to make sure her crew members remained safe. Even if they had a bit of a history and she wasn't particularly fond of Alistair, they were on her crew and thus it was her job to make sure they didn't go off getting themselves arrested or killed.

With her next statement, the young captain drooped slightly, offering a guilty gaze into the floor. "I'm more than willing to invite them, though to be perfectly honestly I can't really order them to do anything. They not good at listening."
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Toryc clicks a bit, annoyed that he has to say the same thing eight times before its understood. "I honestly doubt Mr. Alistair Fairchild would be willing to answer to anyone, Captian Juliana Highland, though do make it plain, he can either come to dinner, and attempt to loose and enemy, or he can continue his mongrel acts, and certianly gain a new one. I hope to see you there, I shall go to inform Lord Fairfax, and vacate your vessal, Captian Juliana Fairchild. Good day." And with that, he walks out of the hold. As he exits, he fails to notice a small, red haired form hiding behind the door she'd had her ear to for the last few minuets. Sarah lets the wierd looking man walk past, and curls up behind the door, rubbing a bump forming from where the door whacked her. She then curled up behind the door, and hoped the Captian wouldnt notice her hiding there when she left.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Juliana watched Toryc exit the room, a bit torn about how she felt about the situation. It was quite nice to be involved in what was going on for once but she was quite worried about the idea of her crew being put in danger. As far as she could tell, Alistair was some sort of omen of chaos. Things had been fine before he had gone falling by her ship one day. Now it felt like every other day there was someone out to kill him. First Syme wanting to turn back, then a vampire, then a necromancer, now a Coxish lord and a what-ever-Toryc was. It was all quite exciting, but she would prefer the excitement come her way instead of at the expense of someone else.

With a sigh to get rid of her tension she headed up the stairs again and for her room, not bothering to look behind herself.
Back to top Go down
BarrowLord

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Sarah let loose a sigh of relief, which turned into a squeak as she saw that Ana was heading straight to the cabin. Mind racing, she settled on a plan, let the captian get a head start and took off after her.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Ana paused when she moved to open the door to her room. Her hand was still on the knob when she spotted Sarah heading down the hall toward. With a confused look and her hand still on the knob, she said, "Thought I told you to stay 'ere."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In the Cargo Hold Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Cargo Hold   In the Cargo Hold I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Cargo Hold
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hydraulic Icarus :: Role Playing :: Electric City-
Jump to: