Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

Rocky Landing

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 pm

The little ship approached the island slowly. revealing the upon a close inspection a large net covering the entire inner city. The dock itself however hung over the edge of the land, a small landing space with a runway leading to a bigger space for parking the dirigibles and deflating their balloons.

Juliana headed out of the ship as soon as they had landed, stopping a moment to stare at one of the eel-like attendants of the port. After a quick conversation, she moved to help pull in the ship. A machine stood by their port space (the space itself leaving the ship looking even smaller than it actually was), a machine designed to suck out the air from the balloon. Once it was hooked up and slowly working, Ana headed back on to her ship.

"Well, looks like we're settled 'ere for a while," She said once she had returned to the cockpit. "Storm's going to go on for at least a week. Apparently they're common around 'ere."

As Ana spoke, Lavinia's mirror went off for the fifth time since they had begin landing.

---

Meanwhile in his room, Lucas Fairchild kept himself curled in a ball under his covers. He had finally started getting a grip on himself, before the lightning began again. Before the ship continued to rock from the winds.
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Lavinia knew at once where they were when she saw the city closer up, and the eel-like man on the dock only confirmed it. She gave Dmitri a hard stare. "We appear to be in Electric City."

The mirror went off yet again and she snatched it up. "Who is it?" she asked at last. "I've had quite enough of your calls in the middle of a storm."

----

Alistair moved up to see just where they had landed after cleaning up the pools of sick in the kitchen. The howling storm, the electricity net, and the eel man confirmed it to him. Furiously he hurried up the stairs. "Vampire! You better bloody well explain yourself!" he yelled as he hurried past the room where Luke was likely curled up.

-----

The ghosts, meanwhile, had calmed down, though the energy they had spent in the panic still lingered. None manifested directly to Luke or spoke to him. Nearby, however, the mournful sound of a funeral dirge floated from the strings of a ghostly fiddle.

Last edited by wordforger on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

Nicknames : Public Enemy #1
Characters : Dmitri Kuznetsov, Ivanna Utkin

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Dimitri was about to answer to Lavinia when Alistair stormed up to the cockpit. Walking over to the map and explained to everyone what he had done, and that by his calculations, they should still be on their way to Audum. Electric City should not have been on the path, according to his navigation.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:19 pm

In the reflection of the mirror, the face of Perry Fairfax appeared. Despite his nearly combed hair and nearly worn clothes, the bags under his eyes and under his oval glasses left him looking a wreck. "Ah, Ms Cardham. I was beginning to fall under the impression you had been attacked by pirates. If you're not too busy with your storm, I should like a word with you."

Juliana glanced at the mirror, her curiosity taking over for a few moments. She couldn't recognize who it was, so she came to the conclusion that this was a conversation that would be rude to eavesdrop in on. With a a bit of hr lip, she looked over the navigation gear. "E... Electric City? That's pretty far off the course. Terrance never came this way in any of his letters," She whimpered.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:53 pm

"Of course," Lavinia answered. "What is it?" She couldn't think of any particular reason why Perry could possibly try so hard to contact her. While they had been friends since childhood, they had never been overly close.

Alistair's eyes shot over to Lavinia, surprised at just who was on the other end.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 pm

"If you don't mind me asking, I should like to know more about this storm you've run into before we get further. Do you need someone to send aid?" Fairfax's voice rang out.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 pm

"No," Lavinia answered. "We have found shelter in Electric City for the time being. Our navigator appears to has misnavigated. Fortunately we successfully arrived without damage."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:25 pm

"I'm glad you've arrived safely then," Perry replied. "There is a man who goes by the name of Alistair J. Fairchild on your ship. I would like to know what your connection with him is. I would also like to hear more about the incident with Lord Syme."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:41 pm

"Mr. Fairchild is right here," Lavinia said primly. "I was not aware you were acquainted."

Alistair looked at the mirror, quite put out. Lord Fairfax was the last man he wished to be 'acquainted' with.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:45 pm

"We are quite well acquainted," Perry's voice rang, a hint of bile dropping in his voice. "If he is right there, would you kindly hand the mirror to him so that we may speak?"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Lavinia turned to hand the mirror over.

Alistair stared at it as if expecting a pox to flow forth from it, then reluctantly took it up. "Ah, Lord Fairfax. A pleasure to see you again," he said pleasantly. "How fares the countess? Well, I hope?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Fairfax replied with a small mocking grin. A grin not in celebration of joy, but in triumph of the hunt. "Mr. Fairchild. She has been doing quite well, and says many good things on your behalf. Both she and I would like to see you again should we have time. She does quite miss my father. Perhaps we can arrange a meeting? I was going to head to Electric City myself after the funeral."

---

Meanwhile in his room, Lucas continued to curl up. While the ghosts had calmed down, their screams and yelling were imprinted in his head. With the rocking coming to a complete stop, he could now begin to concentrate on pulling himself back together.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 pm

"That sounds most pleasant," Alistair lied, keeping his smile. "I look forward to it." Meanwhile, his heart was beating exceptionally fast. He would have to talk the captain into leaving soon, or find another vessel to fly upon. He could not stay to confront the man. That would be all too dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 pm

"Perfect. I expect to find you at the Majest Hotel at 11 o'clock in two days. If you wouldn't mind handing back the mirror to Lavinia, I should like to speak to her in private," Perry responded.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Alistair knew just what place to avoid for the next several days, then. "Very well," He answered, handing the mirror back to Lavinia and maintaining his gentlemanly smile. This was not good. Not good at all.

Lavinia took the mirror. "I shall speak to you later," she said. She still had other business to attend before sitting down for a more private chat.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:59 pm

"Very well, I expect your call in the next few hours," Perry replied as he moved to snap his own mirror shut.

Juliana couldn't help but watch the exchange with some curiosity. This obviously meant Fairchild had to be a very good good medium in order for someone to track him down again. Right? ... Right? "So we're in Electric City. But... But it's not a place where we'll find Terrance. We need to get going as soon as we can."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 pm

"It would probably be best if we stayed here at least until the storm is safe enough to travel back out of, Captain..." He felt bad about delaying Juliana's search for her brother, but he couldn't figure out what went wrong. He had been following the map and, while he didn't have much experience navigating, he thought he was fairly good at it. In fact, he had been looking over the map again as he spoke to Juliana, speaking to her without raising his head from it. He traced and retraced the pattern with his finger, trying to figure out where they had gone off course.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:13 pm

"O... of course," Ana replied, wilting slightly. "But we could brave it. We've got lightning repellant," She added in with little hope of her statement actually changing anything.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:32 pm

"Either way, it's too dangerous, Captain. I know you want to continue searching for your brother, but there's no use risking your life to do so." He looked at her at this point, fighting back a sigh. Finding Terrance was important to her, he knew, but remaining safe should also be important, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Juliana sunk slightly at the words. In her heart she knew it was dangerous to go back in the storm, though she was willing to take the risk for herself. But not for her crew. She wasn't going to get everyone else killed for her own thoughts. After a few moments she grumbled, "You're right. We'll stay until it's all said and done."

---

Meanwhile down the hall, Lucas stumbled his way out of bed. He wasn't well still, and still fought against the urge to cry or go back to sleep, but he knew there was more important stuff to take care of. The ship had stopped after all. He edged himself back into the hall again, heading for the cockpit. "We should get more food while we're stopped," He said to the room, still looking worse for wear.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:00 am

"With Luck," Alistair mumbled, "it'll let up tomorrow." Luke came in then, and Alistair frowned, not liking the state his brother seemed to be in. "Perhaps you should sleep. You look ill. Maybe some whiskey..."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:06 am

With a slight frown, Dmitri said, "I'm sorry, Captain..." When Luke walked in, Dmitri looked at him, still concerned. He didn't show it, of course, not in front of everyone. Nodding after Alistair spoke, he said, "You certainly look like you could use some..." He then looked to Juliana again, saying, "But he has a point, Captain. We can restock on anything we need here, while we wait."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:21 am

"I'll grab them. Could use the fresh air," Luke responded. The presence of this ship was making him nervous. Every creak, every whine reminded him that the while thing could fall apart at any minute. He was both exhausted and scared out of his mind, though the powerful force of bravado carried him through.

"I guess it couldn't 'urt to stay 'ere. See the sights an' stock up," Ana replied, though her heart was hardly in the statement.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:08 am

"I will go with him," Alistair added. He couldn't let Luke out on his own the way he was looking. He just hoped there was no more puke to clean up in the meantime. "We all have umbrellas, I hope?"

"I don't see why you would need one, Mr. Fairchild," Lavinia answered with a small smile that the con man did not like. "One would think that rain would put you in your element."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:26 am

Luke gave Lavinia a glance. He didn't like the implications of the statement himself. He would normally object to having someone join him on a walk, but he could use the company. The living company. "Don't got one myself. Couldn't afford one on Phiah, though I'm pretty used to the rain as it is."

Ana gave Alistair a glance as well. She didn't like the implications of Lavinia's statement. She kind of figured Alistair was a magical person in his own right. Maybe. Sort of. "I can lend one," She added in. "'S in my room."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rocky Landing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rocky Landing
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hydraulic Icarus :: Role Playing :: Electric City-
Jump to: