Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

Rocky Landing

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

Rocky Landing - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:36 pm

"I am sure that will be pleasant," Lavinia answered. "We have not spoken for quite some time."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

Nicknames : Public Enemy #1
Characters : Dmitri Kuznetsov, Ivanna Utkin

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:20 pm

"While that may be true, most people find that drinking blood from people is monstrous." He picked up the cards from the table, gathering them all back into one deck. Shuffling, he said, "Anyway, let's change the subject. Care to play another game?" As an after thought, he asked, "Or would you like to teach me a card game that you might know?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:42 pm

"Neither of us have had much time nor reason to. At least not in any meaningful way beyond polite conversation for parties," Perry replied.

--

Juliana looked to her hadn them back to Dmitri. "Maybe read a book or something. I've got a few penny dreadfuls I manage to get my 'ands on."
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:46 pm

"That works just as well. As it's not much of a team sport, however," He stood up, placing the cards on the table. "I'll be taking my leave." Dmitri realized that it had been a while since he ate, so with a slight bow to Juliana, he headed toward the kitchen to make himself a little something to eat.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:58 pm

"Of course. We have both been quite immersed in our own affairs, I with my research and you with your experiments. However, I expect it will be pleasant to meet again."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:10 pm

"I imagine it will be," Perry replied, glancing to his side. "If you will excuse me, I should finish packing so I may make it to Electric City on time. Good luck, good evening and... please, be careful." The idea of losing another person he knew to some unfortunate accident left his stomach turning. And considering the research Lavinia was doing was dangerous, he couldn't help but feel a bit worried leaving her to her own devices.

---

Ana managed to get caught off guard by the bow, her natural reaction of blushing at such a gesture surfacing again. "Good luck," She muttered, getting up and heading for her own room once he had disappeared.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:23 pm

"I shall, and I will expect to hear again from you when you arrive."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:24 pm

In the kitchen, Dmitri assembled some sandwich supplies, though he was confused at the lack of bread. After he made himself a sandwich, he leaned on the counter, taking a bite of his sandwich. The sandwich tasted a little bitter after the ordeal with Juliana's blood, but he ate it anyway, mentally cursing himself against wanting to taste her blood.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:36 pm

"I'll be sure to call when I arrive," Perry responded, closing the mirror from his end.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Lavinia, done with the conversation, left the cockpit and headed for her room.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Seeing Lavinia pass by in the hall, Ana stood from her bed and stretched, moving to follow the lady to her room. She paused at the door and knocked, shouting, "Miss Cardham, I've got a question or two."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Lavinia opened the door, having only gone to her room to drop off the mirror. "Of course. What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:44 am

Juliana hesitated. She wasn't entirely sure if Lavinia had a title or not, but her off ship dress was most definitely an indication of high society. And for all of her open minded ideals, the ex-factory worker was quite certain Lavinia was a lady with at least some standing, and that frightened her.

"I was curious about magic, and 'ow all it works. I remember 'earing when I was little you 'ad to 'ave a wand to way."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Lavinia shook her head. "That is a misconception brought on by years of traditional conjurers showing off. While it is true that some materials act as a catalyst for magic, they need not be formed into a wand. Some may even be impractical in such a form, and some magicians may wish to keep their catalysts innocuous. One fellow I know created a pair of glasses that acts as a focus."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:47 am

"So you just create a cata-thingie and you can use whatever magic you like?" Julliana asked, deciding to go a round about way to avoid suspicion on her motives for asking.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:29 am

"Not entirely," Lavinia answered. "Most people with any talent generally have one inborn trait. Sometimes a person may have two. One cannot gain a talent merely by attaining the proper ores. The ores only enhance the ability to use an existing talent. There have been attempts to create a talent in previously mundane subjects, but the results have been unstable in most cases."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:08 am

"So it's possible for someone to got two?" Ana asked, seaming to hit what she had been fishing for in the conversation.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:38 am

"Yes, but it is quite rare, and usually one of the magics is utterly innocuous. Mr. Fairchild, for example, being such a talented aquamancer, has no other talent, though he might be trained at reading auras were he so inclined. I, myself, am a kinetomancer with an above average talent at reading and understanding auras."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:54 am

"He said he can see ghosts and what not," Ana added in weakly. She had been doing her best to give him the benefit of the doubt despite all of the evidence against him. She had even outright asked him a few times and he claimed to be able to see ghosts.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:37 am

"What he says and what the truth is are two entirely different matters. I know for a fact that he is wanted for questioning if not outright fraud in Central City. Lord Fairfax is quite displeased with him."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:39 am

Ana looked at the ground, muttering weakly, "'E could 'ave been framed, or there might 'ave been some sort of misunderstanding."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:05 am

"There was no misunderstanding. According to Lord Fairfax Mr. Alistair Fairchild presented himself as a spiritualist able to speak to the dead. The dowager countess wished to speak with the Late Lord Fairfax, and they held a seance to which Lord Fairfax and Lord Syme were invited. Syme examined him and knew him as a fraud by the time the evening was out."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:14 am

"I... I see. Thank you for your time and good luck with your research," Ana muttered, still looking down at the ground. She began to move for her own room.

While she was fairly open minded and willing to forgive a lot of transgressions (as long as they weren't going to be repeated), lying occupied a certain part of her mind that was only slightly less terrible than murder. It was one of those calculated sort of crimes, the kind that couldn't be passed off as being an act desperation or anger.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:14 pm

It seemed to Lavinia that the girl was seriously disappointed to discover the truth. She returned to her room and shut the door, deciding to inform Professor Grosmith of all she had learned...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rocky Landing
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hydraulic Icarus :: Role Playing :: Electric City-
Jump to: