Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

Rocky Landing

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

Nicknames : Public Enemy #1
Characters : Dmitri Kuznetsov, Ivanna Utkin

Rocky Landing - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Dmitri jumped when Buster yelped, sighing in a mixture of relief and annoyance when the dog ran off. When Juliana stood, he did as well, holding out his hand for hers in instinct as he asked, "Are you okay?" He saw the blood on her hand, and hesitated. He didn't have an immense thirst for the crimson substance, but he still found himself wanting to take a drink. Slowly, he took his hand back, forcing himself to look away as he asked, "Is there anything I can get you? Where do you hold the bandages?"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:36 pm

"It certainly seems strange, but I have no explanation. The two of them certainly have a familial resemblance, though they are quite different people."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:45 pm

"Personality should not be a factor to consider. You and your brother are quite different after all, and I would not go claiming you are not related. However, the circumstances are quite strange and somewhat impossible," Perry mused. After a moment to realize his slip up, he admitted, "His entire family is dead. Lord Syme was kind enough to retrieve his school records for me before he left."

---

Ana kept her hand covered with her other hand, pointing to a cabinet near the hall. "Should be some bandages in there. Could you please get me a few?"
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:48 pm

"Dead?" Lavinia asked, surprised, "Are you certain?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:50 pm

"I've sent someone to check the grave. I am most certain," Perry replied in a serious tone. "Unless he stole someone else's identity, which is not out of the range of possibility."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:51 pm

"Of course." He went over to the cabinet, retrieving the bandages. Bringing them back to Juliana, fidgeting slightly when he got to her. "Would you like me to apply them, or would you rather do it yourself?" He swallowed, having not been in this situation very often. If he kept his mind off of her hand, it wasn't quite as bad, but the moment his mind went to her wound, he could smell and taste her blood, and he didn't necessarily like being able to do so.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:04 pm

"The two of them are much too similar for a case of stolen identity. Even their auras share a familial similarity, though the elder of the two is much more simple and honest. Could there have been some mistake? Was Lucas Fairchild in the grave?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Juliana moved to take the bandages, saying, "I think I can 'andle it myself, though thanks for the offer." She reused when remembering Dmitri's vampireism, looking between the cut and him a few times before stretching the wounded hand toward him. "Care to finish it off?" She asked in an unsure tone.

---

"The name was on the plate, though pardon me if I was not inclined to have one of my men search the thing to see which bodies were and were not there. There is a chance he could have been among the missing."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:18 pm

"Da." He took her hand, moving to finish the bandaging.

Last edited by Lieutenant Bubbles on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:24 pm

"I didn't mean like that, I meant with the bloodsucking," Ana tried to interrupt.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Dmitri paused when Juliana spoke. Clearing his throat, he continued finishing up the wrapping as he said, "I don't drink from women..." He let go of Juliana's hand, going over to the couch again and sitting down.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:05 am

"I see," Lavinia asked, thinking things over. "I noticed the elder speaks much more colloquially than the younger."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:41 am

A frown appeared on Ana's face. "That's just silly, especially if you've got a woman shoving blood right in your face and offering it to you. That's pretty much half the world you're ignoring there."

---

"A curious observation. It most likely is a sign of a lack of formal education," Perry replied. "Or perhaps another clever ruse. If one is a fraud it is hardly out of the question to assume the other one is as well."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:30 am

Dmitri looked at Juliana, a little surprised at her statement. Nonetheless, he replied, "Silly or not, I simply won't do it. My reasons are my own." He paused a little bit, thinking he was finished talking, but asked after a while, "Shouldn't you be afraid that I would drink from you? Most people would be."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:58 am

"What, most people don't get scrapes? It's just a little blood, it grows back. Or regenerates. Actually, now that I'm thinking on it, not entirely sure just how it gets back but it does. Otherwise we'd be all dried out after our first broken leg." Ana mused, remaining rather nonchalant about her bitten hand.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:31 pm

"I daresay it is likely the former, from what I have observed of them. The younger has slipped into more colloquial expression at times. I think the more formal speech is an affectation," Lavinia answered. "You said you found his school records?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:37 pm

"They were given to me by Lord Syme, but that is correct. I can't help but notice you've taken an interest to the man beyond academic curiosity. Might I ask why?" Perry responded.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:35 am

"He was attacked by the same people that tried to recruit Lord Syme," Lavinia answered. "I wished to learn more of his history and relationship to Lord Syme so I may gain a clearer indication of whether he is likely to be further pursued by these people or not. If you were able to discover more about him, no doubt those who pursued Syme would be able to find records just as easily."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:41 am

"I can offer to bring a copy of the school records if you'd like them. Tracking down information from there should be relatively easy," Perry replied. He was fairly certain the Viscount Morenne had at least some business sensibilities and would have to be a fool not to teach his children how to trace money transactions. It was the modern age after all.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:14 am

"I would appreciate that."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:20 am

"Would that be all?" Perry asked.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 am

"Yes," Lavinia answered. "You have my consolation, though. I was sad to hear of your father's passing."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:51 am

An uneasy silence fell over Perry's end of the conversation. Even though it had been a little over three weeks since the passing, the whole affair still bothered him. So much chaos and so little method behind the madness was torture on a mind that thrived on bringing order and understanding to the chaotic nature of the universe. The recent mysterious death of Lord Syme was not helping the feeling in the least. He could handle the concept of murder. The confirmation that Lord Syme might have been murdered brought some ease to his mind. It was much better than assuming that the laws of probability just happened to put him in the way of a falling piece of trash. That the lift his father was on just happened to break. That all precautions and understanding in the universe were pointless because things just happened.

However, such thought were stupid and pointless. Far too emotionally driven for someone with a keen interest in science. Or the truth. Even if he knew deep in his heart that things never spontaneously happened.

After his quiet contemplation, Perry settled on the answer, "Thank you for your thoughts. Be assured there will be an answer to what happened to Lord Syme and why it happened."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 12:27 pm

"If you believe so," Lavinia answered quietly, looking down. "It was rather unsettling to me."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:04 pm

"It is unsettling," Perry replied in an unsure tone. "Perhaps we could go for dinner to take your mind off the incident after I've concluded my business with Mr. Fairchild?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rocky Landing
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hydraulic Icarus :: Role Playing :: Electric City-
Jump to: