Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

Rocky Landing

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

Rocky Landing - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:12 pm

"A bit of a strange coincidence. You do realize the Victrola had a disc in it, barring out the possibilities of disposing garbage and losing it in a shipment? I have suspicions on where it came from. Were you aware that there was a bit of an incident between Mr. Fairchild, Lord Syme and I?"

---

A small frown appeared on Ana's face. "Not at the moment, but I'll get mine back when the Fairchilds come back." The crossed her arms and glanced at the ceiling in a current of thought. "Maybe I can show you some of the letters from Terrance? Or you can show me something you've got?"
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

Nicknames : Public Enemy #1
Characters : Dmitri Kuznetsov, Ivanna Utkin

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:31 pm

"Well, I'll take you when they get back, then. How's that?" Dmitri smiled, and he was glad that he wouldn't have to step out in the rain. When Juliana asked if he had anything he wanted to show her, he held out his arms, saying, "This is all I have. All of my things were taken on Phiah." As an after thought, he added, "I will have to go shopping soon, actually... I used my last cigar..." Shrugging, he said, "But those letters of yours might be interesting. It would help if I'm to help you look for your brother."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:33 pm

"I know Lord Syme and Mr. Fairchild bore a mutual dislike, but did not know the reason why. Whyever are you involved?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:21 pm

"There was a seance on behalf of my mother. A seance held by Mr. Fairchi;d. I had my doubts about it so I brought Syme with us to verify Mr. Fairchild's legitimacy. He did not pass."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Lavinia raised an eyebrow. "How incredibly strange. I am almost entirely certain that Mr. Fairchild is an ectomancer. Mr. Alistair Fairchild is, on the other hand, an aquamancer. You say Mr. Alistair Fairchild was pretending to be an ectomancer?"
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 pm

"There was only one Mr. Fairchild in Central City," Perry said evenly.

---

"We'll take you shopping then. My letters can wait," Ana replied, bouncing to her feet again and moving to head for the door. "You're tough enough to get a little wet, right?"
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:51 pm

"I see. Well, in either case, I doubt Mr. Alistair Fairchild is related in the way you seem to believe. He and Lord Syme were traveliing together. Most likely it was a mere accident. The only other possibility would be some malicious intent from those that would not wish him to reveal anything he has learned about them."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:54 pm

"Ah, while I do appreciate the offer, I'm afraid not," He wasn't happy with people knowing his weaknesses, but he figured it was only a matter of time before Mister Blabbermouth Alistair told her, so he said, a tone of almost annoyance underlying his speech, "You see, as a vampire, I can't touch running water. Rain counts as running water. It may not seem like a lot, but enough rain has the same effects as, say, a stream or greater." He sighed, adding, "It's a major inconvenience, to say the least."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Lord Fairfax looked away from the mirror as he spoke. "Perhaps I jumped a bit to my conclusion and let my bitterness toward the man get in the way. He still remains the only lead I have as to what really happened to Lord Syme as well as my father. I tried speaking to the other man who was there but I could get nothing from him. Claimed a complete blank on the incident. And the vampire has been exterminated."

---

Juliana drooped in her posture. "Oh. Sounds like one. Maybe we should stay on board and find some sort of card game to play."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:08 pm

"A card game sounds wonderful." Dmitri smiled apologetically, saying, "I apologize for being such a nuisance." He moved to follow Juliana, not bothering with tidying up any, since he would be on the ship and not in public.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:18 pm

"I'm afraid you have been... taken for a ride, as the colloquial expression goes. The persons that you have spoken to have friends in high places. The doctor was released the day after he and the vampire attacked Mr. Fairchild (whom they mistook for Lord Syme) the morning of the day Syme and I went to interrogate him. The vampire was also released, though secretly. He appears to have secured passage on this very vessel."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:20 am

As the two headed for the common room, Buster headed up the stairs again. As much as she loved the attention from Ivanna, she just felt like taking in a nap. She managed to pull herself up on the couch and curled up on the center cushion as all pets are warren to do.

Ana stopped her advance when seeing the dog curl up on her property and offered a big smile. "Awww, isn't that sweet?"

---

Perry replied, "Then I shall be expecting to speak with him as well, though with no benefit of a warning. He is far too dangerous for that."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:29 am

Dmitri had hesitated slightly when he saw Buster, and stopped entirely when he saw that the dog decided to stay in the room, the three of them sharing the space. When Juliana spoke, Dmitri replied, "Mhmm, cute." He had been avoiding the dog his entire stay, and had managed to make it look like he wasn't avoiding the dog herself, but going about the ship with a purpose. Now that he was to stay in this room with Juliana, he didn't think he could avoid the dog so easily. Dogs. Why did people have to keep dogs?
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:48 am

Juliana moved to sit down on the couch and patted her lap, offering the dog a chance to climb on her lap. A chance Buster took with glee. "So, know any fun Naughtsian card games?" She asked with a smile.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:55 am

"Of course," Lavinia answered. "And I will have many questions for you as well."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:59 am

"Feel free to ask them now if you are so inclined," Perry answered.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:32 am

Dmitri sat on the other couch, laughing as he responded to Juliana. "None that aren't drinking games." After pretending to think, he said, "I do know of one fairly simple card game, actually. It's called Durak. In Naughtsian, that means 'fool'." He then explained the rules to Juliana, setting up the deck accordingly. He dealt the cards, and the two played the popular card game.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:10 pm

"What do you know of Mr. Fairchild beyond his fraud? He seems a strange character."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:37 pm

"I don't know much I'm afraid. He appeared in Central City a while back and earned a fortune. He had managed to get himself a house and servants with in a year of arriving," Perry explained. Part of him wanted to give away the other information he knew about the man, his origins and the tragedy that befell his family, though he figured he would keep his trump card to himself. His last ditch effort if the man managed to disappear without a trace a second time. Even if this was going to drive him to dirty tactics, he was going to catch the man who had made a fool of both his father's memory and his mother in one fell swoop.

---

A cry of mock despair escaped Juliana's as she lost her first had at the game. "Nooo! My precious card record is ruined," She teased, moving to gather the cards and deck to pass out another round of cards.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:23 pm

"Oh, I see. Nothing else? Is Alistair Fairchild his real name? I almost believe it is if his brother also calls himself Fairchild."
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Dmitri chuckled, saying, "You're learning, that's all. I must say, though, I haven't been beaten in Durak." He put on a smug pose, leaning back into the couch some. At least Juliana was enjoying herself. And Dmitri had to admit, it's been a long time since he'd played a card game with anyone.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:40 pm

"I remain mostly sure that it is his real name, though find it rather suspicious that he would pick up a brother between Central City and Electric City."

---

"Get ready, because you're 'bout to get beaten!" Ana replied smugly.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm

"And why is that?"
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Bubbles

Lieutenant Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Dmitri laughed, replying, "I think not. You should get ready to continue your losing streak, yourself." He picked up his hand as he spoke, leaning forward again to better reach the table.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:48 pm

"You don't find the addition peculiar yourself? Someone who could have been a perfectly good asset on Central City suddenly found in Phiah?"

---

Ana finished dealing out her hand, accidentally knocking Buster off her lap in the process. She couldn't help but yelp in surprise when the dog turned around, bit her and ran. Rising to her feet she held her hand with her teeth biting her lips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocky Landing   Rocky Landing - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rocky Landing
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hydraulic Icarus :: Role Playing :: Electric City-
Jump to: