Hydraulic Icarus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Shout Box

The street, at night

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

Nicknames : Fashion Police Officer
Characters : Alistair J. Fairchild, Miss Lavinia Cardham

The street, at night - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Alistair talked with the eel man a while over style, color, and material, ordering something a tad bit more modest for Luke, but still designed to bring out his amazing eyes. Alistair's order was simple enough to place, and after a good 30 minutes he was all measured for the suits.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

Nicknames : Gordon Ramsey
Characters : Juliana Highland, Lucas Fairchild

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Luke had remained grumpy during the while ordeal, though luckily nothing had gotten broken because of it. The eelman kept his sunny disposition despite this, apparently used to working with people who would much rather be spending their time either in a pool or naked. Once he had finished he politely rang up the total and told the two that their order would be ready at 11 tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://icarus.forumotion.com
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:55 am

Alistair smiled. "You work fast. I appreciate that. We'll be by tomorrow," Alistair answered, paying the eel man.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:07 pm

The eelman took the bills with his smile still intact, taking care to avoid showing his many sharp, needle-like teeth. "Thank you for your patronage and good day, sir." He offered to the brothers.

Luke had returned to his corner again once he was measured, still grumpy as ever. He couldn't stop thinking that it was a bad idea to get your clothes tailored by a fish. Under his breath he grumbled to Alistair, "Going out and buying suits might be a bit dangerous if you've still got company on your tail."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:34 pm

"I'm not so nervous. He knows where to find me, for now, but he likely won't find me again once I disappear again."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:50 pm

"If you think you're safe go for it, just, you know, I don't liek the idea of you getting attrested or assaulted or worse."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:57 am

"You just have to stick by me, Luke," Alistair answered.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:54 pm

"That's what I'm afraid of," Luke grumbled in response.

Ahead, a familiarly slimy figure was conducting business in a back alleyway. A shadey ship captain from the looks of things with several boxes of cargo behind him. His companion was a rather slimey looking eelman in both the literal anfd figurative sense.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Alistair suddenly held out a hand to stop Luke, then whispered, "There's the bastards that tried to throw me out of an airship. Let's see if we can listen in."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Luke stopped and glanced over at the alleyway, whispering, "Might be dangerous. Be careful." He then moved to get a little closer to the conversation.

The smugglers two talked over their plans, something about getting tobacco between Central City and Phiah and opium from Phiah to Electric City. A carefully threaded circuit between the islands.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Alistair listened carefully, taking in details and trying to figure out where they were docked. If he knew, he might just manage to get his bag back... and earn a bit of revenge in the process.
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:52 am

The conversation went on for a good while longer, discussing further business arrangements before falling on casual affairs such as the weather and cruel jabs the captain's wife. The conversation ended with little note on where the captain has parked his ship. Finally, once the mean spirited banter had ended, he began to head down the alleyway again, toward the Fairchild brothers.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:07 am

Alistair grabbed Luke's arm and quickly hurried away, looking for a side street or a public house he could run into to avoid the men
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:17 am

Luke moved after him, Joining him in one of the many connection streets that made up the city. The captain moved on in the direction of the docks.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:38 am

Alistair hid in the shadows as he waited for the captain to pass, trying to decide on what to do. If he confronted the man now, he just might get his bag back. On the other hand... the man had tried to murder him. Merely getting his bag back could hardly be the proper compensation. This needed a coup de grace, finesse, talent. This needed a refined bit of trickery that cut deep into the man's wallet among other things. It need to make the man quiver with fear and beg. If he cried that would be the icing on the cake. Yes, Alistair would need a thorough plan to avenge himself... and with all the information he had just gathered, he had a great idea.

"Luke," he muttered, "It's time we went to the police."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:05 am

"The police?" Luke whispered back. "You've got a man 'unting you down and someone who tried to murder you once 'ere, the tins might not be the brightest place to go." His mind puzzled over the sentence for a moment before amending it. "Or it might be the safest. Lets see if we can find a station around 'ere."
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:56 am

"It's simple, dear brother. I merely feed them a story about being a fellow tinner, albeit from Central City, who was investigating this smuggling ring, but who was unfortunate enough to be spotted by the men i was investigating. I know I can do nothing in Electric City, but would be more than happy to allow the fine officers here to take the credit so long as these malicious tax-dodgers are brought to justice. Just allow me to have the bag of goods I brought with me as an in and don't tell the chief."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:03 am

"And if they ask for proof that you're a tinhead?" Luke replied.
Back to top Go down
wordforger
Admin
wordforger

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:08 am

"I have none of course because my identification was lost overboard when I was tossed out. However, I can answer questions."
Back to top Go down
Evil Minion #2

Evil Minion #2

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:16 am

A small smile appeared on Luke's face. "'Spose it can't 'urt to try if you've got that much figured out."

He then began to head out of the alleyway to wander the streets until they could find any sign of a police station. There was no need to worry about them being open so late. Crime didn't sleep at night, and neither did the people who supposedly fought the crimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The street, at night   The street, at night - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The street, at night
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4